“Quirky and whacky!”

Hamtramck Disneyland
Reviewed July 15, 2013

living across the street from this thing, it is pretty crazy looking. I could only imagine the amount of time invested in making this. You definitely see alot of vintage looking decor with it.

There are newer reviews for Hamtramck Disneyland

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My daughter wanted something different for her senior picture location and since I was a native Hamtramckan, I thought, what better place than Hamtramck to take unique pictures! Well, after the photographer took some shots at Memorial Park, we headed out to Hamtramck Disneyland and were lucky enough to meet up with the artist, Dmytro Szylak! He said to just call him, Jimmy! He let us in his yard (after giving him a donation), and he was happy to show us how the windmill powered the figures to do their sawing, chopping, etc. He was like a proud little boy...it was great! And yes, the my daughter's pictures were fantastic!!!! This is not for everyone... but the three of us enjoyed the art work and "Jimmy's" company!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I give it a 3 star because it is really dependent upon your taste! I thought it was eccentric and did not really suit my taste, but if I had been able to walk into the yard and hear the story of the little old man as some people seem to have been able to do, I think I would have liked it much more. If you are an artist, especially an installation artist, I think you would enjoy looking at it, if you're a kid you'd think it was cool and then get over it pretty quickly.
Whoever you are, I think it's worth A look, especially if you happen to be in the area, but I wouldn't drive 30 minutes to go see it.
Please note that you can park anywhere on Klinger Street (or Sobieski, I'm sure) but I would park as close to the actual house as possible to see the front of the house. And then walk to one end of the street into the alley behind the homes where the garages are.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The construction of old toys, religious statues, lumber and mechanical parts also extends to the front of the house. There is a place to leave comments and some posted newspaper clippings in the alley. Easy to park in the alley to get out and look. We got the look from some across the alley neighbors. Their dog wasn't to happy about us either. They prob wish a tornado would come and take the whole thing away.

1  Thank latefordinner
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

You drive down an alley in a working class neighborhood and there it is, two stories high, filling the entire yard, are all manners of whirligigs. You look at it for 5 or 10 minutes tops and then off you go. It's not one of the World's Great Wonders, but it's a pretty cool diversion with which to kill a little time. And yes it is free.