“Local resident”

The Hill Seafood and Chop House
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had dinner this week with a few friends.Trout served to my husband was cold ,miniscule and tasteless.Dover Sole served to another guest was tough and uneatable ,and returned uneated.Salmon with pasta was served to me ,a plate full of pasta and a piece of dry salmon, not a pretty picture, The signature salad was wilted ,and did not contain the" signature " items advertised. However, the staff was accomodating .

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Husband I dined at The Hill and found wait staff to be very attentive, friendly and accommodating. I had their Pork Tenderloin with Pear Sauce and Arugula ($18.00) and found it to be one of their best menu items so far. My husband had one of their specials of the night: Salmon on Pasta ($32) and found it to be as equally delicious. Their artichoke (?) soup was outstanding. In fact, I asked if I could have the recipe! We understand the restaurant is undergoing some change/improvements that might cause those who have had less than good experiences to reconsider this classy establishment. Kudos to the chef.

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

As stated pretty average. It's a chop house, but if you want a steak be ready to shell out your fifty dollar bill. Other options were at $25. I guess you are paying for the convience of location, but you may be better off on the pocketbook to travel alittle up the road on Jefferson to st Clair shores. Don't get me wronge, what we got was good, just the over all experience was just average.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

My wife and I had dinner last Friday July 20th at The Hill . We both ordered trout. The presentation was unappetizing as if it were just thrown on a plate. My fish was dry and flavorless but what made the experience even worse was my wife’s fish was served cold and raw (way under cooked). This may be ok for tune but not trout.
We have had sub par food in the past but this has done it for us. We will not go back. They need to hire trained professional chefs and not cheap fry cooks. As for any of the good reviews you may read, they probably know somebody at the restaurant. If you want a good Chop House on the eastside go to Mr Paul’s Chop House.

2  Thank travelsnuggly
Reviewed July 17, 2012

There's nothing like a classy lunch to brighten your week. The atmosphere at The HIll is always light and cheerful, and calming like a relaxing Sunday morning. I love the way the sun flickers from the sky-lights, and the service and food are top-notch.