“an ok option for Mexican food”
Review of El Rancho

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Rancho
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Greenville
Ann Arbor, MI
“an ok option for Mexican food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had a mixed fajita platter (chicken, steak and shrimp) for lunch, which was a good price. It was good, but very salty. The waiter brought me a regular coke instead of diet and didn't seem to understand English very well. The chips and salsa were nothing special.

Visited March 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“REALLY REALLY BAD SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was in from St Louis visiting family in Greenville. I love Mexican restaurants, so we went to El Rancho one day for breakfast, and the the next night for drinks/dessert.

My mom and I went at about 7:30pm for drinks and dessert. They brought us to a table in an area that had 3 families, with kids that were being loud, already sitting there. Nothing wrong with loud kids, but I didn't want to sit by them right then, so i asked if we could sit in the bar area - since we wanted to have some drinks, and it seemed like it was the area with the best ambiance. I ordered a $5 shot of tequil;a, and then when the waiter brought it, we ordered two banana chimichangas. The waiter came to and took our empty dessert plates and didnt' ask us if we wanted anything else, But I told him we'd like to order some dipping cheese and he brought it to us. Since we were still working on the basket of chips we got when we first came in, we ran out after a minute when we still had a full bowl of dipping cheese. We sat there and sat there, but no one ever came by to refill it or to see if we wanted anything else. I wanted another shot of tequila and my mom wanted to order a drink, too. We sat for probably about 15-20 minutes with no chips to dip in the dipping cheese we bought, and no way to get anything else to drink. I guess I could have flagged someone down by waving at them from across the room and saying "hey!" or something, but I'm not the type of person who feels comfortable doing that.

We finally just got up and went to the front without our bill. I told the person standing at the register that we needed our bill and that we'd been waiting for awhile with no service, and she seemed surprised and apologized.

Thing is, I was inclined to think that the waiter was busy and just mis-managed his tables, which sucks for us, but happens and is understandable. But, 1) If that were the case, someone else really should have helped him out. The place was not busy by any means and there were other employees in the restaurant who were standing around. There were also two employees who were sitting at a table in the front by the register talking the whole time-which, again, would be fine, if someone had been helping us. 2) I have trouble concluding that he was too busy because a couple of times he was one of the employees who was standing in one spot and talking to a couple other employees. He did, however, seem busy when he wan't standing with the other employees. I'll say he wasn't rude when he did provide service at the beginning. He also wasn't rude at all when he came to the register and rung us up. I have no idea what happened, but it sucked. This was my last night in Greenville before going back to st louis. I wont' see my mom for another year, and we had really wanted to have a fun night out at this retaurant.

So, not sure what was going on, but just BE WARNED that you coudl end up sitting around getting ignored when you just wanted to spend money and haev a good time.

FOOD: banana chimichangas were good. Salsa and chips were good, too. Nothing special, but definitely good.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank CortneJai
Greenville, Michigan, United States
“GREAT!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

i love the food, and the prices! now that the place is under new management i am a frequent visitor! i suggest that people who have had bad experiences in the past give it another try!!

Visited September 2012
Riverdale,MI,usa
“NOT AGAIN”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

the place smells the food is terriable and the workers dont speek english

Visited August 2011
Greenville, Michigan
“Love it!”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Favorite place to eat in Greenville! Fajita nachos are the best! Margaritas are delish!!

• Visited March 2012