“Loved this place”

57 Brew Pub and Bistro
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Trufant, Michigan, United States
“Loved this place”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I went on a Friday night with another couple for dinner. The place was packed but the wait for a table was only about 10 minutes. The service was very good. Everything that we ordered was good. The crafted brews are very good also. It is a little pricey but would visit again for sure.

• Visited January 2013

Rockford, Michigan
“Overall excellent, food and service worth the drive”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went to the 57 in search of a good bowl of house made chili and we found it. The chili, salad, ales and fried green beans as well as the service were worth driving to Greenville in a snow storm. The only reason that I would not put a 5 on the 57 was the fish in my fish tacos. It was not bad or poorly prepared, but I didn't think that the breaded fish worked well in a fish taco. Still the Bob's coleslaw that came in the tacos was an inspired touch and if it had been paired with a grilled fish, 5 stars would not be enough. It might have gotten there with the fish if they had not been out of their homemade cherry pie; I just could not settle for apple and left (quite full and happy) without dessert.

I had a Ale Flight to go with the meal - Four 4 ounce servings, my choices. It is a nice touch. Too many places decide what the flight is for you, choice let me explore and over all left me pleased. Of the four the Mayan Midnight Stout was the biggest surprise and one of the two best. It has a distinct chocolate overtone to it and is a smooth beyond my expectations. My second in the top two was Wayne's Green Tractor Ale; number three for me was Red Shedman's Amber Ale. The only one that I didn't really like was the Yellow Jacket - others I sure would love it, but it tasted too bitter for my liking. Still, three of four random picks (on a menu of 9 or 10) coming up excellent is a pretty impressive performance.

A return trip is in the cards. We saw wood fired pizzas and other dishes that looked quite toothsome, and another serving of the chili in the winter chill will be most welcome.

• Visited February 2013
“Great, new place”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Were guests on opening weekend. Although the place was crowded and we were traveling through, we were treated warmly. Loved food and service and the porter was good