“grayling stay”

ENGLEWOOD
Reviewed October 13, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
General-Manager10982, General Manager at Days Inn Grayling, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very nice accommodation. Comfortable room including a breakfast with many items to choose from. What I would expect for the price and this type of hotel. I would stay here again if I was coming this way. Nice spot for a color tour.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
General-Manager10982, General Manager at Days Inn Grayling, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for posting. I hope you were able to see some of the great fall colors and hope to see you again if you revisit our area.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed at this facility numerous times and my last stay was nothing out of the ordinary, friendly prompt staff-clean rooms-priced right-etc.etc.etc.everything was great----just like normal for this facility.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
General-Manager10982, General Manager at Days Inn Grayling, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful post!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was my second stay at this hotel. As with the first, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. It had a microwave and refrigerator in the room. There was good water pressure
and plenty of hot water. The air conditioning/heating unit appeared to be adequate. The breakfast was ok. There was no yogurt, but some bananas. There were several cereal choices, do it yourself waffles and a selection of breads. The floors are plywood, so plan to stay upstairs if people walking around on the ceiling would bother you.

I had two complaints:

1. The internet at night when there were several users was painfully slow, almost unusable. They said they had a cable provider, but I saw a HughesNet satellite on the roof and wondered if this was true.
2. They charged me $0.40 to print two boarding passes! I could not believe it and it really threw me. Such a small charge but I have literally never paid for a two page print out before. I can understand those who abuse free printing, but this seemed to be to be extremely petty. That one fact alone made me come directly back to the room and write this review.

There are few places to stay in this town, so this is likely one of the best choices. But don't try to get any work done on the internet at night and be prepared to fork over extra for your boarding passes.

Room Tip: Get one on the second floor on the back side. The floors are thin and you can hear people walking i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I am sorry your stay was not 100%. I would like to apologize for your internet issues. Did you report them to the front desk? We have a tech on 24 hour support if there is a need for him. As for the hughes net dish, that is used solely for the "hotel business" computers at the front desk. It is NOT the guest room internet. I am also sorry you heard people walking above you, unfortunately, even though we have sound barriers between all walls and floors, some noise may get through, especially if there are children. If we know guests are traveling with children or are arriving late we try to have those guests downstairs to help minimize those possible noises. Again I am sorry for your inconvenience and hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Picked this hotel as it was close to an event we attended and not too far to go spend the next day around Sleeping Bear Dunes.
The room was very clean and had everything to make our stay pleasant and comfortable. We had a good night's sleep...room was quiet and beds were great!
The breakfast bar had a good variety to choose from...we especially liked the "make your own waffles".
We had booked online but got an even better price when we asked about their military discount. The staff was friendly and accommodating.
We would definitely recommend this hotel if you are planning on being in the area!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
General-Manager10982, General Manager at Days Inn Grayling, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

I am pleased your stay with us was enjoyable. We take pride in our hotel and are always happy to see our efforts are noticed. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a one night stay in April and we were very impressed with the staff, the clean room. We had a wonderful night's sleep, because of the comfortable mattress. We appreciated the constant restocking of the breakfast foods, and staff keeping the tables clean. ALL the staff were friendly & helpful. Excellent stay !!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
General-Manager10982, General Manager at Days Inn Grayling, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments. We take pride in our hotel and truly want our guests to leave us with a well rested body and smile on their face.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

While traveling from the Soo to Detroit Michigan we stayed at the Days Inn Grayling. Big parking lot. Very clean complete rooms. Very nice breakfast in a good size eating area. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. They are very proud of their new big beds ......very nice and comfortable. We hope to return there in the future. One of the nicest Days inns. Easy access to the Interstate.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have easy access to your car
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback, and yes we are very proud of our new beds, I even bought one for myself as did another employee! Hope to see you again! :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayling
Super 8 Grayling
#4 of 9 in Grayling
Super 8 Houghton Lake
Super 8 Houghton Lake
#1 of 15 in Houghton Lake

Been to Days Inn Grayling? Share your experiences!