“I tried to love this place ...”

Woodland Motor Lodge
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Grayling
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed here twice the first time our room was on the road side and they seemed surprised by our visit. The owner said something like if you had booked soon we could have got a better room. I had booked 3 weeks in advance through Expedia. The room was clean but had a musty smell that bothered me. The next time I stayed we got a room off the road. The room was clean but it had the same musty smell. The door also did not have a dead bolt. I was traveling alone with young children and would have felt safer if I had a dead bolt. I know nothing bad would happen in Grayling, MI but for peace of mind it would be nice. The owners seem wonderful but I prefer to pay a couple more bucks to stay in a room that has no smell and a good lock on the door.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the road.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MarianneWalters

Reviewed January 26, 2012

A wonderful experience! Very clean and the staff is outstanding. I have not seen customer service ever that was this good! Great value and a memorable experience.
Enjoy your stay!

Ken @ Farmington Hills

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I'm glad I read the reviews on here and decided to give this place a try. For the price, I wasn't expecting much. We were amazed at how great the place is! It is family-owned and the staff was so friendly and helpful. We were able to bring our dog along and loved our room! it was modernly updated, but cute and cozy. Everything was so great for our stay. It would be a good place to stay at a higher price, but for this price, you seriously can't beat it! We have family in town and will definitely be back to stay here. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2011

What a wonderful surprise! The setting is very peaceful. A fire pit was near our room...the motel even supplied the wood for our campfire. The room was clean, spacious and well equiped with a microwave and a refrigerator. Best of all, the owners were incredibly friendly. It was a great change from our typical stays at the chain hotels!

Room Tip: The back unit is farthest from the road...very peaceful.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Met my wife for a brief overnight get- away. The owner put us in the back of the property, which gave us excellent peace and quiet. If it wouldn't have rained, we could have had a nice campfire in the fire pit. ( Wood was provided) We will certainly be back for another stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit in the rear of the property.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank WAG80
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We usually are campers but due to a recent injury needed to stay at a hotel while in Grayling. We opted to try a private hotel rather than a chain one. We were so happy with this little place. It was very clean, affordable, friendly and comfortable. We enjoyed campfires in the evening, a grill and shelter for outdoor cooking and friendly, neighbor like staff. Rooms included a fridge and microwave, some even had kitchenettes. It has a rustic feel but amenities are modern and comfortable. We were very relaxed there and will definitely return. It was very clean and well cared for.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank greenthum66
Reviewed May 1, 2010

My family came up to Grayling for a family get together. The owners of this place were great. They helped set up a canoe trip for us. Let our teenagers borrow bikes to ride on the bike path (that is right across the street). Each night we had a camp fire. it was one of the best weekends of the summer and are definitely going back there again this summer.

Very Clean
Very Friendly
Very Helpful

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayling
Ramada Grayling Hotel and Conference Center
#1 of 9 in Grayling
Motel 72
Motel 72
#4 of 9 in Grayling

Been to Woodland Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!