“Best burgers in town.....NOT!”

Spike's Keg 'O' Nails
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Grayling
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I am pretty disappointed with today's dining experience. My family and I ate at the Keg O Nails for lunch and it was anything but great. When we pulled in the place was packed, so we figured that was a good sign. After waiting a while we were seated in a booth near the back. The atmosphere is old school northern Michigan and it looks really cool. We were excited to give it a go and ordered their world famous burgers and fries. We all ordered our burgers medium. We waited a LOOOONG time to get our food and when it was finally delivered we noticed two things. 1. Burgers were NOT medium. They were well done and very dry. 2. French fries were ice cold. We didn't want to wait 30 more minutes so we ate the burgers but sent the fries back. Hot fries were delivered a few minutes later but by that time we were ready to go. Additionally, soft drink refills were ordered but never delivered.

By its appearance it is a cool looking place. Food and service not so good.

2  Thank TheDisneyFansFamily
There are newer reviews for Spike's Keg 'O' Nails

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were here once before when they were so crowded, two strangers offered to share their table with us so we could eat and not wait an hour. It was not as crowded this time. We were seated in a booth, and frankly, because it was made out of planks of wood, not the most comfortable place to sit.

I chose a cheeseburger and my husband had the Reuben sandwich. The sandwiches were good but not spectacular. My burger was cooked perfectly - medium as I like it, slightly pink inside. I hate buns that fall apart, and this bun was awful. My husband liked his Reuben, but said he had had better ones. We shared fries, which were extra (the sandwiches came with potato chips),

Even though it wasn't packed out, it was still extremely noisy and we could hardly hear each other talk. The waitress was attentive and we had good service. I would have rated this higher but the uncomfortable seating and noise level brought the rating down....and the fall-apart bun!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Maybe we ordered the burgers on a cook's bad day. We ordered their 'World Famous' Spikeburger. One was your basic 1/3 lb burger w/mustard, ketchup, pickle & onion. The other w/mushrooms,swiss cheese, & mayo. Both were very dry, although all burgers are supposedly cooked medium. We ordered fries for $1.75 extra. A large choice of fries to include seasoned wedges, thin cut stars, or buffalo shoestring, otherwise all burgers come w/potatoe chips & pickle spear for $6.50. Waitstaff very friendly & the establishment clean.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very good burgers, staff very friendly. Nice selection of food on the menu... Friday night fish fry good also.....

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We visit Spikes monthly, decided to try the Philly Cheesesteak.... Not the best choice... Meat and cheese filled about half the stale bun. Stick with the Spikeburger with fried green beans