“I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK”

Hartwick Pines State Park
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Grayling
West Branch, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have not camped here, but I have visited several times. The logging camp is both a fun and educational look back into the early lumbering days in Michigan. The huge virgin pine trees give us a glimpse of what it must have looked like in the 1800's. If you don't mind crowds come during the "Black Iron Days" and see several live demonstrations including blacksmiths and other traditional craftsmen. There is also a paved biking trail that runs from the park several miles into the city of Grayling.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank jr7648661

Ludington, Michigan
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Beautiful and worth the trip”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A wonderful area....natural White Pine forest....much like used to exist here in MI before logging. Interesting museum and artifacts. Lovely walking trails. Worth the trip. take your kids!

2 Thank Teri W
MI
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“WHERE AM I?”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had heard that there was great X-country skiing available here, there was once we found the trail head. For those not familiar with the park there needs to be a sign on the highway letting visitors know x-country is available and another sign that identifies the trail head better. The trails were not as groomed as I would have expected at a premier park with perfect terrain for new skiiers. Somebody is slacking.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank MIMaryandSteve
Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“CC skiing maps could be better.”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Snow storm brought 10 inches just in time, groomer was out and had trail ready.
As a first timer on CC skiing, let me suggest marking the map for experianced or beginners. I could of really hurt myself on the one downhill with right turn. Thanks goodness I fell before the turn..

Visited February 2013
1 Thank CommunityHostess
Alpena, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Family fun”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great place for a family. We love to camp here. There are great trails for your bike and for walking.

Visited July 2012