“Beautiful day in the woods”

Hartwick Pines State Park
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Grayling
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I stopped by during a weekend away. We caught a tour given by a DNR officer that was informative and enjoyable. We both went away with information we did not know beforehand. It was fun to watch the kids use all the hands on displays and have fun learning.

1  Thank kjtuttle
There are newer reviews for Hartwick Pines State Park

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stopped here on our way to Mackinac Island. I've been here years ago when I was small, and remember the huge trees and forest to walk around in. We stopped at the visitor center, which had a small gift shop and stories of the animals and surrounding woods. There is also the example of an old logging museum\camp. We also sat at one of the picnic tables in the day area and had a quick bite and some snacks before hitting the road again. Seems like it would be a very nice place to bring a tent or camper and stay for a weekend or so. Bring your bikes or dog and walk around.

1  Thank NancyKay
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Took my girls on their first long hike and they loved it. The Au Sable River Trail is where we hiked and lunched. The steep climb part of the trail was the 10 year old's favorite part of our camping trip vacation. The Trail is clearly marked and well maintained. Go and enjoy!

1  Thank Holly42201
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I highly recommend the mini cabin that sleeps seven, it only cost $60 a night... I came with 5 other people and had an absolut blast. We thought it would be right in the campground but it was on its own private road ...quiet, and a short walk down a hill to a small lake.... my friends did some fishing and caught alot of blue gill. It has a firepit and outhouse. Inside had a queen size bed with a twin bunkbed and 2 other twin bunkbeds. There was a heater inside, keypad for keyless entry, a large table inside, a large countertop and also a ton of games. If you come here this is where you should stay.

3  Thank panteralovr2781
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Very nice campground. Well maintained. Clean. Courteous staff. A quiet and peaceful setting. Good size campsites with paved pads and fairly private (many sites are completely enclosed by trees). Lots of trails and biking areas. We've camped here several times and will certainly go back. We camped here in a Motorhome.

2  Thank Kevin M