“Best donuts in the world”
Review of Goodale's Bakery

Goodale's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Grayling
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The chocolate frosted donuts were plump and chock full of frosting. Make sure they put the donuts in a box unless you don't mind peeling them apart before you eat them.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Go for the pastries, doughnuts and apple bread and you'll be very happy. The sandwiches are not so special. Basically there are some cold cuts and two prices listed for the two different types of bread -- roll or bread. The simpleness could be considered charming or just boring. We were a family of 7 for lunch. The sandwiches were plain but the pastries delicious.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

You have to try the apple cinnamon bread! It is so delicious! We made french toast with it. Yummy! Great bakery!

1  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a great bakery in the heart of Grayling...family owned business and bake all their baked goods in the building. the best donuts, and coffee rings and cookies and monkey bread! hope you are not on a diet when you enter the doors. you can also go to the deli and order your meat and cheeses for take out or on sandwiches to eat in. quaint city with a charming bakery. don't pass it up on your next visit to Grayling, Michigan

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is my first stop on my frequent road trips when I drive up to Traverse City from Metro Detroit....I stop at Goodale's Bakery and purchase donuts and cookies for my destination. They make me a home-made deli sandwich on fresh bread with a fine selection of Kowalski meats and cheeses, and it's way cheaper than any drive-thru. It reminds me of being a kid and having my Grandma make me a salami sandwich :) Admittedly, I also like that their restrooms are clean and handicap accessible (althought there are 2 or 3 steps up from the outside to get into the bakery at the entrance).

There are not many places like Goodale's left in this big box world and we need to treasure them! The recent Saturday morning that I stopped in, there was a table of local guys, most of them wearing baseball caps embroidered with their respective branches of the military - from their ages I would guess they were WWI, Korean and Vietnam war veterans - all gathered around the round table near the window. The debate topic of the day which I couldn't help but overhear while I perused the glass donut case was the Lousiana Purchase. This place is a gem!

As a woman traveling many miles alone, I find Goodall's has it all - a safe place to stop, convenient parking, clean restrooms, friendly service, genuine fresh donuts, cookies and pastries baked daily on site, and a deli counter that makes sandwiches to order. There is a fountain dispenser for sodas, fresh hot coffee, and my favorite brand of bottled water (Smartwater) waiting for me in the cooler. On your next trip to or through Grayling, stop at Goodale's - you'll be glad you did!

1  Thank AuntieRita