“Great hotel to stay in Grandville!”

Holiday Inn Express Grandville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Grandville
Mississauga, Canada
“Great hotel to stay in Grandville!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I only stayed here one night but was very pleased that I had chosen this hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I took advantage of the room service, which comes from a sports bar across the street - They have a large menu with lots of variety and the service was cheerful and very quick! I also used the fitness room, which is small and basic but entirely functional.
The hotel has a "country" style and feel in it's outward appearance and interior decor. My room was on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet.

I would stay here again if ever in the Grandville area. When I mentioned that I was staying in order to do some shopping, they offered me an additional discount :)

Room Tip: The third floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We selected this hotel the day of our check-in based on price and convenience. Since we were on the road, I made the reservation on my cell phone. The quality of the phone connection was poor, as there was a delay when speaking and listening. That's something that does not reflect on this hotel, though. Check-in was quick, and it was nice to receive a bottle of water and snack at the desk. The room was very clean and comfortable. I like how the pillows are labeled "soft" and "firm" so that I have no doubts! Breakfast was delicious. It was a busy Saturday morning, yet the staff did a good job keeping everything at the breakfast bar stocked. Too bad we did not have our swimsuits to try out the indoor pool, as it looked very inviting. If we are in the area again, then I would try to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed here while attending a golf tournie nearby. It was fine. Nothing special just an adequate place to sleep for the night. It was just a very average place to spend the night. Nothing exciting or too interesting.

• Stayed October 2013
bflavin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grandville, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
lindz3,
First, I would like to thank for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Grandville, Michigan for a golf tournament. Our teams goal is to make every guests stay an memorable experience and it seems that we fell short of that. I would like to apologize that you found hotel not up to your standards. If you have any other feedback about your stay please email bflavin@suburbaninns.com. Have a great day!
Crystal Lake
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel for being a small town hotel, is the most comfortable place I have ever stayed. Love the staff and I always stay when IM IN TOWN, THE only problem is the price it keeps going way up and usually I stay 5 to7 nights, it gets very expensive

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Detroit
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here three separate weeks (within a one month period) for business, and it was great! I love that they value IHG Rewards members, and the facilities are very nice. I enjoyed room upgrades, free breakfast (per usual, including good bacon on Mondays & Fridays!), and easy on/off I-196. It's easy to get to both malls, and there are tons of food/shopping options within a close driving distance. I definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were visiting GVSU on Monday morning, so needed to get to MI the day before. Not too many hotels to choose from, unless we wanted to go into Grand Rapids, so hubby looking into Holiday Inn Express. I was a bit scared, but he assured me that it had good reviews.
The hotel is right off the highway, and was easy to get to our destination.

I was pleasantly surprised when we walked in- it was very clean and updated.
The room was very nice- comfortable beds, clean bathroooms, fresh color schemes, nice pool and jaccuzi, decent breakfast...I have no complaints!

A pool and jaccuzi are pretty important- and I loved that they stayed open for adults until midnight! (most hotel pools close by 9 or 10pm - and we ususally don't get to use them when driving in late at night.)

We ususally only stay where they offer breakfast- it just makes things easier when traveling with a family.
I was concerned that breakfast would consist of just bagels and juice. But they had sweet rolls, muffins, oatmeal, make-your-own pancake machine, yogurt, toast and pre-made denver omlets and bacon, along with all the beverage options you could want.

For a quick trip, this was a very comfortable experience. Thanx Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: we ended up in room 277- which was right next to the hearing impared room- so we didn't have to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
East China
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Nice size rooms. Clean and comfortable. The buffet type breakfast was quite nice. They have scrambled eggs on weekends but have small omelets and bacon or sausage during the week. So staying a few days you have a little variety. All staff were exceptionally friendly, pleasant and courteous. Always greeted with a smile. Would certainly stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandville
Comfort Suites
Residence Inn Grand Rapids West
Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Grandville? Share your experiences!