“Do not order custom cakes from here!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cold Stone Creamery
Ranked #45 of 87 Restaurants in Grandville
Grand Rapids
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not order custom cakes from here!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I had a $15 gift card to Coldstone Creamery and decided to use it towards a custom birthday cake. My first visit to the Grandville location was quite pleasant. The staff member was friendly and kindly took my order. I was extremely specific with what I wanted, it being a "custom" cake and all.

I got a phone call a day before pickup with someone leaving a voicemail stating there was "confusion" with my cake. Instead of the frosting being hot pink, it was white. I called back immediately and spoke to a rude staff member. Turns out that staff member was the manager?! I asked what happened and wasn't given an apology or answer, just that it was missed on the order sheet. I asked if a discount was available and I was told 10%.

When I went to pick up the cake, I got to meet this manager face to face. When I asked what happened, she looked straight at me and responded "it was me, I did it." Again, where is the apology?

The 10% off was a lie because I got her to take more off. I understand it's summer and their ice cream is great but their customer service is simply ridiculous.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank HK000

Grand Rapids, MI
“Too expensive.”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Good ice cream but without a coupon, we wouldn't make a return visit. Better value to go to the neighborhood ice cream stand.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank kimbill97
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very tasty treats”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is one of the best places to have a cold tasty treat that i have ever been to. What a great selection they have and great prices to. You will not go wrong here...not even if you are lactose intolerant.

Visited June 2012
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
“Interesting ice cream mixes”
Reviewed June 10, 2008

Interesting ice cream mixes

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“They've got good ice cream. It's interesting to watch them make your ice cream dish.”
Reviewed January 29, 2008