“41st Wedding Anniversary Getaway”
Review of Prairieside Suites

Prairieside Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Grandville B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is our second visit to this hidden gem of a bed & breakfast that we enjoyed immensely. Their location is in a residential neighborhood that is very close to theaters, big city entertainment, boat tours, shopping and many more amenities at a very fair an reasonable price. The Innkeepers, Cheri & Paul, are truly concerned to fulfill your every need and they are very friendly and thoughtful with a professional staff that is also very efficient with great personalities. The atmosphere here is just as if you were visiting your own family and having the expectations of seeing them again. Certainly this particular bed and breakfast atmosphere is more accomodating than a 4 to 5 star hotel in our opinion having a message area, swimming pool, dvd/video selections available to play on their room provided players and truly a great nourishing breakfast. We would recommend this type of lodging very highly if you have never tried it.

"Thank You", Cheri & Paul, for creating great memories for us and your wonderful hospitality. You have certainly overwhelmed our expectations again that we are already discussing booking with you next year during the month of June. See you then!

Frank & Kathryn Fon
Chicago, IL

Stayed in: The Spanish Hacienda

Room Tip: Suggest that you use the virtual video tour presentation to help you make a better selection of a ro...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Prairieside Suites so much. The whole experience was amazing, from Kay who treated us like family to the wonderful food (especially the hot chocolate) and the amazing room & details of everything. Cheri & Paul have a special talent for creating a getaway and having so many wonderful anemities, that we never wanted to leave. We look forward to visiting again. Keith & Carla Hack

Room Tip: We only stayed in one of the rooms, but the way the whole place is layed out, there can't be a b...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Made a getaway for our 20th anniversary and thoroughly enjoyed it. Cheri and her staff were delightful - very helpful and chatted when I was chatty and quiet when I wanted quiet.

Room Tip: We stayed in the New York Loft. :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I booked Prairieside Suites for my boyfriend's 50th birthday. It couldn't have been more perfect. The accommodations and grounds are so pretty and relaxing. The staff is wonderful and breakfast was delicious. Perfect location as well. Had an excellent dinner in Grand Rapids. We'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KimT1424
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Prairieside Suites is just the thing my wife and I needed...!!! We are still considered newlyweds and it's always nice to spice things up a bit and get away for a little mini vacation without having to travel hours to get there and this was perfect. We stayed in the Santa Barbara suite (which is one of their newly designed modern yet cozy suites) and it was AMAZING!!! From the huge garden Jacuzzi tub (which my wife and I now want and our house) to the heated toilet set (yes another must have now) this was a very romantic night away. The room literally had everything flat screen t.v., king sized bed, heated towel bars, fireplace and every other amenity that you could think of even beautiful gardens (sorry my real estate agent side of me just came out-hahaha). We were also greeted by Paul and Cheri in the morning (the owner's/Innkeepers) and they were very pleasant and a blast to swap stories with. We also had a delicious breakfast that included my favorite..... Coffee!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AndyJR84
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Everyone at Prairieside Suites is amazingly kind and hospitable. This is my second time staying, both for business, and the rooms offer such a wonderful quiet space. The breakfast was delicious as well. I typically have trouble sleeping away from home, but I've always been well-rested here. The bed is very cozy and the linens feel like high-quality linens. I stayed in the Spanish Hacienda the first time and it was delightful. This time, I stayed in the French Riveria, which was just as great. Both rooms are great and relaxing, but I may have a slight preference to the Spanish Hacienda, because it was my introduction to the place. With all the travel that I do in Michigan, it's become my goal to stay in every room of the B and B. Two down...five to go!

Room Tip: If you are on business and need privacy, I would suggest staying in the lower level rooms (Spanish H...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Miriam M
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We received a warm welcome and were delighted by how beautiful our room was. The staff went above and beyond to ensure that we had everything we needed, even making us a lovely platter of vegan food for breakfast. Very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Eric E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandville
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 6 in Grandville
Residence Inn Grand Rapids West
Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown

Been to Prairieside Suites? Share your experiences!