“Nice place to eat on special ocassions” 4 of 5 bubbles

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #26 of 85 Restaurants in Grandville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
“Nice place to eat on special ocassions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Twin daughters actually cleaned their plates, that's a first, I had porterhouse, cooked medium and it was perfect, wonderfull, wife had ribs, she thought was burn't I thought were good, best bang for the buck if you got eighty bucks with tip, this is my new special ocassions restaurant for when I want to give my family a treat

• Visited January 2014

Grandville, Michigan
“9.99 steak dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

This dinner was just average, nothing to write home about. We usually choose to go out one night a week for a healthy meal; probably wouldn't bother again.

• Visited December 2013
Grandville
“Reliable flavor and quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Because most restaurants are not perfect I could have rated them with 4 stars. But most of the time they hover at the 5 star level. It is a comfortable restaurant with good food and excellent service. If you have an issue they will take care of it for you. Great salads, especially like their Caesar and the Wedge salad with Blue Cheese. If you like quality steak they have plenty to choose from or if you are in the mood for a hearty burger, they have this as well. The Mahi fish is another great option. And of course, don't forget about the Bloomin Onion, try it with Ranch dressing instead of the standard dip served with it. Finish the deal with a great dessert, The Chocolate Thunder From Down Under. Great place to go when you are not sure what type of food you are in the mood for.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Dan H
Holland
“Great Staff with terrible management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Outback advertises call ahead seating. I called at 4:55 pm and told them we would be there at 7:30 pm. The hostess said that would be fine and though we might have a short wait, we would be first on the list when we arrived.

We arrived at 7:20 pm and were told that the Manager on Duty had decided to abolish call ahead seating that evening. We waited at the bar until 8:15 pm and the great bar staff (they were trying very hard) checked with hostess. We had pager #81 which was defective and not working, so we were not called.

My steak was ordered Medium Rare and it came out rare rare. During the meal, the Manager on Duty (male in a blue shirt) came by our table and called us one of his regulars. I had never met the man and I had been in the restaurant in over a year.

I sent comments to telloutback.com, but as usual, Outback has no interest in customers and never responds even when you check the block and ask for a response.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Mesquite, Texas
“Do you charge for water?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I went here on a busy night, and since I was by myself, I chose to sit at the bar. Normally, I do not do that as I do not partake of alcohol, but hey! I was greeted by one of the bartenders, who promptly took my drink order (water.) I looked over the menu, and made my selection. It took at least 20 minutes before eye contact was made with me again, while others (in groups of 2) were getting their drinks and food. I finally had to make a small scene to get anyone's attention. Fortunately, I got the head bartender, who apologized profusely for the bad service. He took my order, the food arrived, and I was served. When I got the bill, I wondered why I got charged for the drink. So, I asked, "Do you charge for water here in Michigan?" "No," came the quick reply. "Where are you from?" "Texas," I answered. "Do they charge for water in Texas?" "NO" came the quick reply. He took my credit card and promptly charged me $1.29 (I think) for the beverage. I gave no tip, but told him that if he took the water off, he could have the difference.

• Visited October 2013