“Would stay there again!”

Residence Inn Grand Rapids West
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Grandville
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Great location across from Rivertown Crossings Mall, but on a quiet street. The room had a bit of a musty odour, but otherwise was good. Kitchen is well equipped, we bought supplies on the nearby Meijrs store and cooked supper in the room.
The outdoor pool was pretty busy, but we were able to get chairs. Our only complaint was that housekeeping forgot to leave us shampoo, soap, etc., but we always travel with a small amount of our own. The breakfast was adequate - more fresh fruit and perhaps fresh tomatoes would be a good addition. Check in staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 10, 2011

I stayed here for the second weekend in a row and I have to say this is just really a great hotel. The rooms are nice and big with full kitchen, comfortable beds and great breakfast. I had one problem which was the cleaning staff removed a couple returnable cans from the room. I told the front desk staff and they apologized and I had a follow up voicemail from a manager the next day apologizing and indicating they had dealt with it. Got charged for my son calling my cell from the room and they credited it. Manager Melissa is great, very friendly. Only thing is the breakfast room-please get two waffle makers and if not possible, at least spread that area out a little more. Definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, Kitchen Suite! Totally awsome for our family reunion. Three big screen TV's. The entire stay at this hotel will become the "memory" of our visit! Every staff member we talked with went out of their way to be friendly and curteous and always with a smile! An exceptionally clean hotel. From now on all of our family gatherings in Michigan will be at this hotel!
It is directly across the street from a huge mall and many stores and restaurants in close proximity. Although, with full free breakfast bar, full kitchen and light meal week nights, there was no need to go out to restaurants. The price was excellent, service supurb, cleanest hotel and nicest staff bar none!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGRR, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Grand Rapids West, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Dear JanMc20879,

Thank you for taking the time to tell about your experience at our Residence Inn. I am so glad that we were able to help make positive and lasting memories for your family reunion. Our staff prides themselves on going above and beyond for each guest and we are delighted that you felt our hospitality.

We welcome you and your family back for your next family reunion - or any travels that may bring you to the Grand Rapids area.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

We were visting Holland for the Tulip festival and stayed in this hotel, It was 30 minutes away but since we had to only go once in the night to sleep it was not too bad for us.
We were there with our 4 year old and a baby, They provided us a crib for the baby. The room was so nice and clean, and modern furniture and very colorful lively, We loved it even my son loved it a lot. The rooms were small but they had arranged them very well.
The first room had kitchen dining and living area. Kitchen had everything we needed to heat or cook something.
Breakfast in the morning was very nice, waffles, cereal, other nice hot foods. Hot chocolate, coffee etc. since it was during mothers day they even gave me a
rose and my kids color books. I would like to go there again.
The hotel has a mall and restaurants just outside it, nice location.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Hotel's right across from one of the area's larger malls and shopping centers. Chain restaurants galore across the street.
One bedroom suite was very nicely decorated, seemed recently remodeled. Free breakfast was good, among the better free breakfasts I've had. Eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, waffle maker.
My room was on the first floor. Which I hate. Wasn't too bad though. Kids upstairs stopped hopping around at about 9 p.m.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
ResidenceInnGRR, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Grand Rapids West, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our Residence Inn! Thank you for the kind review of our hotel. Yes, we were recently renovated and I am glad you noticed it. I will relay your review of our breakfast to our breakfast hosts. When you visit us again let us know your floor preference and we will do everything we can do fufill your requests.

tterkeurst@fhginc.com

Reviewed July 20, 2011

We ended up here by shear luck as the reservation we made in Holland MI was overbooked. This hotel was recently renovated--we thought it was a new hotel. We had reserved 2 rooms with 2 queens in Holland but were only able to get two rooms with a single queen and a pull out sofa, but this suited our needs fine. The rooms each had a complete kitchen which is really nice. The beds were comfortable. The only negative was that the drain in the tub did not drain very fast and you found yourself standing in a pool of water. There was no maintenance staff on duty who could fix it and unforetuately no other rooms available. The night manager Melissa was every friendly and accomodating. There was a breakfast service in the morning which was very unexpected as well. We did not use the outdoor pool or hot tub but both were very inviting. I did leave a battery charger behind and Melissa assured me she would call me either way once the housekeeping crew had cleaned the room. I did not receive a call from her. All in all a very nice stay. This hotel looked much nicer that the one we booked in Holland. It was out of the way and a bit difficult to find but I'm glad we did.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
lshackelford, Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids West, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words! Our hotel pride's itself on our ability to make every stay a great one. Next time you are in Holland or the Grand Rapids area we invite you stay with us again! I will be in contact with you regarding your phone charger.

tterkeurst@fhginc.com

Reviewed July 12, 2011

The staff was so wonderful, the hotel was completely full and the towels at the pool we are used. So the maintenance man saw us coming into the hotel from the pool with my two children freezing and gave them a towel right out of the dryer. Nothing beats a warm towel out of the dryer. Then Melissa who was at the front desk gave my 2 year old some baby shampoo, baby lotion and bath toys to play with. It was just wonderful. My kids are still talking about this hotel how great it was. Thank you for an Awesome experience and we looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandville
Comfort Suites
#4 of 4 in Grandville
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East

Been to Residence Inn Grand Rapids West? Share your experiences!