“Fabulous service, highly recommended”

Residence Inn Grand Rapids West
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Grandville
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Clean facility, wonderful staff, great service before, during, and after our stay. I cannot say enough good things about this location and staff.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Grand Rapids West

Reviewed October 28, 2010

This is by far the nicest hotel staff that I have encountered. I am often on the road for weeks and months at a time and the staff here truly makes the difference - genuinely kind and very accommodating. The rooms are spacious with fully-equipped kitchens - perfect for long term travel. Overall, great experience!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My colleagues and I chose this hotel because it had recently been renovated, the rooms were spacious, and had restaurants, mall, department stores, etc. all in walking distance. We stayed at this location for six months and the staff was always kind and accommodating with in reason. Defiantly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I was delighted with the recent remodeling, a contemporary design and furnishings makes the hotel seem brand new! The staff seemed to take a proprietary pride in their new environment lending to first class service.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed here for consecutive 4 days and nights. Booked 2 suits. And the service was horrible.The front desk lady "Kasindra" I beleive tht's how it's spelt kept on calling in the middle of night and complained that we r loud when we were deep asleep. We pay more than $700 and they have their false complain.

Apart from that i heard there was a girl who left her expensive coat in the coat closet (and is 100% sure) but never heard anything from the residence inn front desk after calling 6 times. It had a new tag on it. and the front desk lady confirmed no one checked into that room yet. After leaving voicemail on house keeping supervisor phone,calling 6 times and they lie about it that they havent found anything. And guess what they never updated the rewards no: to get points for tht stay.

I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone and especially DO NOT BELEIVE THESE PEOPLE. They give sweet smile and lie , not worth spending ur hard earned money here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
lshackelford, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Grand Rapids West, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

I was extremely disappointed to read about the experience you had here during your recent stay. As you noted our past reviews, they reflect the level of pride our staff takes in our level of service and I am very sorry that you did not experience that during your stay.

We take comments like these very seriously and will share your comments with the staff to be sure this does not repeat itself.

Our extended stay specialists usually receive very positive feedback so it is very disappointing to hear that one of our guests had an unsatisfactory experience. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to provide any additional helpful feedback or if I can assist you in any way at the email address below. I would like the opportunity to rectify the issues that remain unsolved.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and if your travels bring you back to Grand Rapids, I hope we would have the opportunity to regain your trust.

Kind regards,

Lakyra Shackelford
Director of Sales
lshackelford@fhginc.com

Reviewed March 3, 2010

Had to be in Grand Rapids for Business - This is an excellent place top stay - Just in front of rivertown mall - lots of restaurant choices at walking distance. as well as Movie theathers.. It is not a as luxury category as the typical Marriott - but everything is clean and neat

Rooms have fridge/kitchen dishwasher and you can prepare your own meal. Hotel also offers free groecery shopping service while you are in the office. rooms are very quiet

Staff is very friendly.

In my rate breakfast was included as well as small dinner on MON/TUE/WED if you like american style dinners - Cheddar cheesse+ salad - hot dogs etc..

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip to Grand Rapids. The hotel was under construction, but the front desk girl was very accommodating and informed me of the updates. My room was nice, breakfast was fantastic and the associates were genuinely helpful. The maintenance man even helped me with my luggage. The staff was by far one of the best that I have ever encountered, and I have stayed at the JW.

Very nice!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandville
Comfort Suites
Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South
Comfort Suites South
Comfort Suites South
#15 of 48 in Grand Rapids

Been to Residence Inn Grand Rapids West? Share your experiences!