“Friendly Staff & Great Food”
Review of Rush Creek Bistro

Rush Creek Bistro
Ranked #6 of 88 Restaurants in Grandville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
East Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Friendly Staff & Great Food”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted by a very friendly staff. The scenery around the dining room was great. Food was good and we really loved our server Kristie.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Michael W

Michigan
“My favorite hometown place for lunch!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had never thought of reviewing Rush Creek Bistro at the Sunny Brook Country Club because it is practically in my backyard; but people need to know about this eatery! This is not a stuffy club, but rather guests experience a friendly atmosphere and great views. The Bistro has a lot to offer from the classy bar adjacent to the restaurant, to the wide offerings of delicious foods. They always provide fresh tasty dishes; many of them having that special "Michigan" flavor. One of my favorites for lunch is their Turkey Wrap sandwich, served with homemade potato chips. They had taken it off the menu, but when I asked if I could still order it, they said "Yes!" If you see their Roasted Acorn Butternut Squash Bisque on the menu, give it a try as the flavor is amazing!! Their coffee is also one of my favorites. The portions are generous and reasonably priced, especially when you consider your surroundings. Even if you are not a golfer, you will enjoy the view no matter what the season. They hold Happy Hour Monday - Saturday, 3-6 pm. and banquet and reception rooms are available.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank AlinerGirl
WatermarkProperties, Public Relations Manager at Rush Creek Bistro, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing us! We appreciate all of the positive comments and are so glad you enjoy our restaurant! We look forward to serving you again soon, hopefully on our patio with some sunshine!
Hudsonville, Michigan
“Have to try!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

A great spot for dinner with wife or business lunch. Food never disappoints, great golf course view. Have tried various menu items in many visits the last year or so, and all were very good at a reasonable price. Usually you pay more for a golf course restaurant , but not here. Certainly recommend.

Thank you for the review! We look forward to serving you again soon!
Hudsonville, Michigan
“Excellent dinner for a group in the Rush Creek Room”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We returned to Rush Creek Bistro for a very special birthday celebration. Lisa was our server in the Rush Creek Room, and she took care of all of our needs wonderfully. We ordered off the menu, and the Prime Rib (only available on Fridays and Saturdays) was delicious. Other entrees that others enjoyed were the Almond Encrusted Walleye, Wet Burrito, and the Watermark Salad! The entrees arrived very quickly -- no wait between our soup (tomato basil) and salads.
After the meal, coffee was excellent. Rush Creek allowed us to bring in and serve our own birthday cake, which was appreciated. Great service! Excellent food! Beautiful setting!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank rjrjj
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are so glad you had a great experience!
Grandville, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top quality food for a surprisingly low price!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

i visited with my family was thoroughly surprised by the very resonable prices. I was expecting prices in the 15-30$ range since Rush Creek is part of a beautiful country club but found them mostly in the 8-20$ range. Since we happened to go on a Saturday night, one weekend option was a King's cut prime rib with two sides for 18$, a very respectable price when you consider your getting a 14oz prime rib. I got it with the wild musroom risotto which I will say was one of the best things I have ever eat. As a foodie myself, I have had and made quite a few risottos but this put them all to shame, so ridiculously creamy you would have though they put a pint of heavy cream in the one side. Other items ordered by the family included the spinach artichoke dip, the almond crusted walleye, the adult mac and cheese, the pork chop with cherry apple chutney, the poached pear spinach salad, and the crab cakes, all of which were delicious! the waitress did a wonderful job recommending accompanying wines for each dish ordered.

A few weeks later I was in the Grandville area and had a few hours to blow before meeting some friends. Remembering the risotto I headed back to Rush Creek and took a seat at their bar. Opting to skip the main dish, I instead ordered a large bowl of the risotto. It was just as delicious as I remember and only 4$ to boot. Sat reading there for 2+ hours while a very friendly bartender made sure my coffee cup was always filled (always a bonus for coffee addicts like myself). Total bill for a couple of hours of leisure in a beautiful setting with amazing food, endless coffee, and friendly staff... 4.24$ In addition Rush Creek as a Happy Hour menu (3-6 Mon- Sat) which has a variety of 3$ appetizers... which are actually pretty decent sized, and 2.50$ draft beers.

All in all, I would definitely recommend. I know I found a new favorite restaurant that I will most definitely return to again. A great option for all, the restaurant area is very family friendly, they have a great wine selection

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Rebecca B
WatermarkProperties, Public Relations Manager at Rush Creek Bistro, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your meals with us! The risotto is one of our best selling items, and one of my personal favorites as well! We look forward to serving you again!