“Wi-Fi was the slowest ever!!”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids
“Wi-Fi was the slowest ever!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

The room was okay but my husband was having business work conference all day. It was impossible to connect to thier wireless. We called front desk, she told us that lobby has faster connection. Who wants to sit in the lobby while working and having work conference for hours? You guys should look into your internet service. Worst internet connection ever!!

• Stayed February 2014
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Friend - first and foremost, thank you so much for staying with us. Second, thank you so much for providing honest and candid feedback on your experience. We know that quality high speed internet is a top priority. We agree 100%. We are happy to report that we just had new access points and increased our bandwidth. This has made a tremendous impact. Again, than you so much. We hope you will consider staying with us again. Have a great week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Arcadia, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Due to snow and ice and blizzard conditions on the roads, I stayed at this hotel for five days. It became my family and support system. Breakfasts are phenomenal here. You can get other meals delivered directly to your room from a number of local restaurants. Everything you need including washer/dryer, fitness center, computers, wi-fi in the room. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are clean and comfy. Close to airport and they have a shuttle to help you get there. You can also park and fly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Snow Bound Visitor - your story echoed so many interactions we had this past winter. The weather certainly played havoc on many people's lives. We are so glad to know, however, that we were able to make you feel welcome. Our mission statement actually contains a section that talks about people feeling like family when they are not at home. Please know how much we appreciate your business and your kind words. We would love to have you stay with us again the next time you visit Grand Rapids. We hope you are well and are taking advantage of the warmer weather. We love Spring!!! Take Care and have a great weekend.
Bloomington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

2nd stay at this hotel for a visit to cornerstone university and family. impressed with the service and attention to detail by the staff. we enjoyed breakfast in the morning. this will be our location for future visits to the Grand Rapids area

Stayed March 2014
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Cornerstone visitor - on behalf of our entire staff, we would like to thank you so much for visiting our property and for taking time to offer feedback on your stay. Grand Rapids is a wonderful town with many wonderful colleges and universities. We would love to see you stay again the next time you are visiting your loved one. Again, thank you so much for the kind words. We hope you are well and are enjoying the warmer spring weather. Take Care.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had to travel on short notice due to a family crisis from Indiana. Erin not only helped us with our reservation (made that morning) she helped to make a stressful situation a lot less stressful!
When we received the call that my father-in-law had a stroke, we had to leave quickly from Indiana. Friends from our church were helping us with our expenses. When we reserved the hotel, they called and Erin took care of all the arrangements for us!
When we arrived, the hotel was easy to find and very warm and inviting. Erin was at the desk waiting for us. The room we were going to have was in the middle of a group of High school kids and were (understandably) loud and energetic. After driving in a snow storm and being with my father-in-law for quite some time, my husband, our three small children and I were exhausted. Erin foresaw the dilemma before we even arrived and upgraded our room to give us peace and quiet, more space and bigger beds! She also helped our friends with a hardship discount that we didn't even know existed and saved them some money (awesome of her because they were being such a blessing to us!)
The room was perfect and clean. We got settled down and the kids loved being in a "fancy" hotel! The breakfast was amazing and really provided some comfort to my children who love breakfast! BTW, my twins are 6 and my oldest who has special needs is 11. I was so relieved to have one less thing to stress out about and was so grateful for the little things that put smiles on our faces during a difficult time! We will DEFINITELY recommend this location to ANYONE and we will return when we go to Michigan for future visits!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MRunion28
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Friend - first and foremost, please know how sorry we were to hear about your father-in-law. Life is often tough and we hope you and your family are hanging in there during this difficult time. It was encouraging to read that your church was able to help. Even in the toughest times, it is comforting to know that there are faithful people who are willing to come along side you. We pray that you all find peace at this time. Second, we were glad to hear that Erin was able to assist in some small way. She has a wonderful heart. We are truly blessed to have her as a member of our team. Again, thank you for staying with us. We hope things are going better these last few days of winter and would be honored to see you all again in the future under better circumstances. Take Care.
Etna Green
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

The Comfort Inn was perfect hotel for our trip to Cornerstone Univ. The room was clean, the breakfast good, and the price very reasonable. One of the best 2 star hotels I've ever stayed in. If we have occasion to be in Grand Rapids again, we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Cornerstone visitor - on behalf of our entire staff, we would like to thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us. We know how important it is for families to visit with their loved ones and we are thrilled to have a great relationship with our local colleges and universities. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Grand Rapids to see your loved one. We hope you are well and are staying warm these last few weeks of winter. Take Care.
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

When we first arrived, we noticed that the building was a bit older, but based on the reviews on here, I was certain that this would be an excellent stay. Turns out that it was! For the price, the rooms are top notch and the beds are fantastic. You also get the normal breakfast in the morning and airport transportation if needed. If you need a place to stay in Grand Rapids, I would recommend the Comfort Inn!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Friend - we have just finished reviewing your evaluation of our hotel. We cannot thank you enough for the kind words you offered. We do recognize that we are an older property which is why we continually look to update things inside and outside to provide guests with an enjoyable stay. We are very excited about the next few months as we continue to make even further improvements. Again, thank you so much for your feedback. If you should return and have any additional suggestions, we would love to hear them. Thanks again for staying. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

The comfort Inn was recommended by a friend who stayed there for her recent trip. Having to be at the airport by 5:00 AM prompted me to stay over the night before having nearly missed this same flight on a previous trip due to bad weather. I was gone for 30 days and upon my return I spent the night as well. In the morning my car wouldn't start. I went to the desk asking if they could recommend a nearby service to help me get my car started. Up stepped Harrison and said "Ill be glad to help you with that!" And so he did. I drove less than a block and stopped to fill my tank before the hour long drive to my home. Not thinking, I shut my car off! Of course it wouldn't start again as the battery hadn't had time to charge itself. There I sat at a pump, blocking other cars and an hour away from anyone I could call for assistance. I thought of calling the Comfort Inn and asking them if Harrison would come to the station and give my car another jump but decided that would be asking way too much of them. After sitting there for a few minutes, I realized that I had no other option. I reluctantly called the Comfort Inn, explained my situation and they said "Sure, Harrison will be right there" . In about 3 minutes there he was! I can't thank Harrison or The Comfort Inn enough! I have since recommended The Comfort Inn to anyone that I know is traveling. My neighbor recently stayed there on my recommendation. That's how you build a successful business-customer service and kindness!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Victoria C
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Friend - thank you so much for the kind words you wrote about our property. While not perfect, we do our best to provide exceptional customer service and were pleased to hear that Harrison was able to help. The winter certainly has played havoc here in Grand Rapids. We will be thrilled to see Spring arrive. Again, thank you so much for staying with us and for recommending us to others. Have a great weekend.