“Older on the outside, but excellent on the inside!”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed February 27, 2014

When we first arrived, we noticed that the building was a bit older, but based on the reviews on here, I was certain that this would be an excellent stay. Turns out that it was! For the price, the rooms are top notch and the beds are fantastic. You also get the normal breakfast in the morning and airport transportation if needed. If you need a place to stay in Grand Rapids, I would recommend the Comfort Inn!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Friend - we have just finished reviewing your evaluation of our hotel. We cannot thank you enough for the kind words you offered. We do recognize that we are an older property which is why we continually look to update things inside and outside to provide guests with an enjoyable stay. We are very excited about the next few months as we continue to make even further improvements. Again, thank you so much for your feedback. If you should return and have any additional suggestions, we would love to hear them. Thanks again for staying. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The comfort Inn was recommended by a friend who stayed there for her recent trip. Having to be at the airport by 5:00 AM prompted me to stay over the night before having nearly missed this same flight on a previous trip due to bad weather. I was gone for 30 days and upon my return I spent the night as well. In the morning my car wouldn't start. I went to the desk asking if they could recommend a nearby service to help me get my car started. Up stepped Harrison and said "Ill be glad to help you with that!" And so he did. I drove less than a block and stopped to fill my tank before the hour long drive to my home. Not thinking, I shut my car off! Of course it wouldn't start again as the battery hadn't had time to charge itself. There I sat at a pump, blocking other cars and an hour away from anyone I could call for assistance. I thought of calling the Comfort Inn and asking them if Harrison would come to the station and give my car another jump but decided that would be asking way too much of them. After sitting there for a few minutes, I realized that I had no other option. I reluctantly called the Comfort Inn, explained my situation and they said "Sure, Harrison will be right there" . In about 3 minutes there he was! I can't thank Harrison or The Comfort Inn enough! I have since recommended The Comfort Inn to anyone that I know is traveling. My neighbor recently stayed there on my recommendation. That's how you build a successful business-customer service and kindness!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Victoria C
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Friend - thank you so much for the kind words you wrote about our property. While not perfect, we do our best to provide exceptional customer service and were pleased to hear that Harrison was able to help. The winter certainly has played havoc here in Grand Rapids. We will be thrilled to see Spring arrive. Again, thank you so much for staying with us and for recommending us to others. Have a great weekend.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Having been in Grand Rapids for the past few years I have never stayed at The Comfort Inn. I just got lucky enough to get this hotel for a Sunday night stay during super bowl weekend.

Very clean and comfortable rooms with all updated electronics. Micro and mini fridges in rooms. Very nice fitness facility. Breakfast was a nice tasty choice of hot and cold with healthy choices as well. The minute you walk in the doors you will know that this is not your average Comfort Inn. Very helpful and friendly staff.

Many restaurants and bars within walking and driving distance.

Great place to stay and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Friend - the most rewarding part of being in the hospitality industry is reading reviews like the one you penned. We know there are so many wonderful hotels to choose from in Grand Rapids so take to heart your favorable review of your experience with us. We are so glad you stumbled on us and hope you return again. We cannot promise the Super Bowl each weekend, but can assure you that we will always do whatever we can to make your experience a positive one. Have a great week and stay warm - spring is coming!!!

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

First time at this property. Room was huge, very quiet setting. Food delivery options were limited, no truck parking available. Staff was very helpful and friendly. I will most definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

First time visitor - first and foremost, thank you for staying at our property. Grand Rapids has many wonderful options for guests and we are honored that you stayed with us. Second, thanks so much for offering candid feedback on your experience. The excess snow has limited our parking spots, so we are sorry that there was not any trucking parking available. We were glad to read, however, that you had a pleasant stay and will be returning in the future. We hope things are well with you and hope you are staying warm. Take Care.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Staff extremely helpful. Erin at desk and Harrision the limo driver went over and beyond politeness and helpfulness. Bed comfortable, room clean, breakfast good. Would definitely stay again. Ten days free parking for our trip really saved!! Only 10 minutes from airport.

Room Tip: great value
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Traverse City Friend - we just received notification of your review of our property. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for taking time to evaluate your stay with us. We were very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. We always smile when we hear that our staff has exceeded expectations and we are glad to know you were able to interact with Erin and Harrison. They are both top notch. Additionally, we are glad your trip went well. Our park and fly package is a great way to start or end any adventure. Again, thank you so much for staying and providing feedback. We hope you are staying warm this chilly winter. Take Care.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

No Motel can exceed this Comfort Inn's Hospitality! We were there because of an Ice Storm for four days over Christmas this year. The fourth day was no different in the hospitality they showed us. We are Seniors and the desk clerks even volunteered to clean off our car from ice and snow. Always smiling, and willing to help you in any way possible to insure your stay is the best!! One evening at six o'clock someone made Chili for us to enjoy. The full Breakfast was outstanding. Waffles, French Toast, Eggs, Sausages, Yogurt, Cold Cereal, Homemade Oatmeal,3 different kinds of juices,Danish and Mini Muffins, etc.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room and they will see to it you are made comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chrissh_12
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Friend - We cannot thank you enough for the kind words you offered regarding your stay at our property. We felt terrible for those who were without power during the storm so were very pleased to hear that you felt at home during your visit. We pride ourselves on hospitality so your sentiments really mean a lot to our staff. We will make sure to let everyone know about your review. We hope the rest of your holiday turned out well and wish you a wonderful New Years! Stay warm!!!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfasts and good evening light meals included in price. Rooms are quiet and beds are very comfortable. This is the second year we have stayed here for the Great Lakes Ecpo.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Grand Rapids visitor - first and foremost, thank you again for returning to the area and for staying at our hotel. We love hearing stories of people returning to our property. Second, thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you have been pleased with our accommodations. We know there are many choices in the area and truly appreciate your business. We look forward to seeing you again next year. Take care and have a happy holiday.