All reviews front desk room was clean park and fly waffles cookies hot breakfast the breakfast area would stay here again an early flight calvin college upon check great place to stay first floor free breakfast nice breakfast exercise room grand rapids area
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here on business/pleasure trip. Can't say enough about the staff from the time of reserving to check out. They are wonderful! However, I was very disappointed in the actual room. The matress was poor. I did address the issue with staff at check out and they were going change this. Stayed on the 3rd floor with a balcony, and while everything but the bed was adequate, overall I was a little disappointed based on other reviews this hotel had received. The location is good, and there is any type of restaurant you desire a stone throw away along with ample shopping. I might or might not choose to stay here again. Based on price only, it is a great value. Based on amenities, perhaps not so much.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Valued Guest - we cannot thank you enough for offering constructive feedback on your stay. An important part of operating a hotel is being able to identify areas for future improvement. We notified our maintenance staff about the soft mattress. A good night sleep is preeminent. Most of our mattresses are new but you identified one that needed to be addressed. We really appreciate it. Thank you also for the kind words about our staff. We love people. It is a blessing to interact with the guests and hear about their lives and travel. We wish you a wonderful weekend and hope you will consider us again sometime in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time here on business and I'll he back on my next trip through. Clean, comfortable, quiet rooms with friendly service and close to restaurants, etc.

Everything is about what you'd like to see in a hotel. One minor complaint would be the less than stellar desk chair. I use desks in hotels all of the time and this chair is just not what you hope for.

Terrific all around value which makes it no wonder that it's such a busy location.

• Stayed: June 2013
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Ohio Friend - what a nice review. We are honored that you have chosen us as your Grand Rapids hotel of choice. We are proud of our property but would agree with your assessment of the chairs. We are getting new furniture in the middle of July which we believe will add to the guests' overall comfort and value. Again, thank you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Grand Rapids.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here three years ago and suffice it to say it lived up to it's award-winning status. So, rather than stay in Lansing, we drove a little further to stay in a place we were already familiar with. Everything felt the same, however, I had requested a ground floor room and was instead put on the third floor at the very end of the hall in a cramped little room (338) barely big enough for the two of us and our bags. Nice bed, very clean. When I went back to the lobby, Erin at the front desk was very courteous, asking me about the room. I told her it was small, but I was too tired to care at this point. We had been in the road for a good part of the day and my wife just wanted to take a hot bath and relax. Unfortunately, there was no drain plug for the tub. A call to Erin resulted in a quick search of the premises to no avail. She offered us a $15 discount, which I accepted. We managed to jam some aluminum foil (from a sandwich) into the drain to hold the water. Laugh as you may, but it worked. The wifi was slow, probably due to our room location. Choice Rewards has anointed me with Platinum Status, but I'm not altogether sure what that means, as it is never mentioned at check-in, nor have I been treated any differently except on one occasion (where they prepared the room by turning on the lights and AC prior to my late arrival). I'm just putting that out there. Loyalty doesn't count for much, I guess. The pipes were loud in 338 as well. When I turned on the shower, my wife rushed in thinking that a pipe had burst. Oh, and we were given a room with a balcony. Not much of a view, but a balcony just the same (not private by any means). A balcony, with no table and chairs to sit outside and enjoy the cool Michigan evening air. Makes it rather pointless. Still, there is really nothing wrong with this hotel. The staff is very professional and helpful, beds and linens are great. Had I been less tired and more forthright I may have requested a room change. My advice... ask to see the room before checking in. That might keep from leaving even the slightest sour taste in your mouth. And keep that aluminum foil handy, just in case.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Friend – on behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for taking time to evaluate our property. We are honored that you would travel extra miles to stay with us and are so sorry that this past experience was not as pleasant as your previous visits. First, please know that we value all our guests, but do everything we can to reward our Choice Privilege Members. Our staff should have recognized your Platinum Status at check-in and should have given you some welcome gifts. We apologize and have addressed it with the attendant. In terms of your booking, unfortunately when your reservation was made it was not made directly by our staff. For whatever reason, the party that booked your room chose a balcony room. These are only available on the 2nd and 3rd floors. We will always do everything within our power to meet people’s special requests. The night you stay the other first floor rooms were not available. We definitely understand your frustration. Finally, thank you so much for letting us know about the problem with the bathroom drain. Our maintenance man has fixed the problem so that people no longer have to use aluminum foil, much to our chagrin. Please know that we value your business and can’t apologize enough. Please feel free to contact our hotel directly. We would like a chance to make it up to you. Have a wonderful week and thanks again.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Wow!
First let me tell you my husband and I are both very picky where we stay with or without the kids and I am always trying to find the best deal by spending hours looking up the promo codes, discount codes, priceline, expedia trip advisor ect.....you get my point......Well I went to see what I could find with my ChoiceHotel.com Reward points ( not many points) I found this hotel and was a little iffy when I saw the pictures of the hotel and so was my husband lol just being honest! Oh and we were in for it with the kids because there is not a pool,( BUT that is not an issue because you are surrounded by 100s of things to do in Grand Rapids and beyond! ) Also I didn't have to pay for a room because I had the points!!

YAY!! Our very first free stay at a hotel from points!!! How cool!! We finally get there after a 2 hour trip in the car with our 5 and 11 year old boys, I get out and go check in and right away Erin introduced herself and made me feel like I was at RITZ HOTEL even though I have never been there but hear they are DIVINE!! Have their rewards card no matter how long or how many points you get a bottle of water per person and a pack of cookies! Now I seem a little excited over this, but only because

A. It's our first free stay somewhere for barely any points and rooms start at $64 w/out points!!
B. SO FAR SO GOOD!!!
C. This is a 2 star-I've had my share of 3-5 star hotels and NEVER got this kind of treatment!

So as I am checking in I am looking around and behind me is a beautiful lobby with a fire place and comfy couches, fresh coffee, and I couldn't believe it, a managers reception area with fresh food and for everyone! The only time we have been to a managers reception was when we stayed at a hotel with one on a special floor and a nice room and paid extra to have those things.... They had hot dogs, buns, chili, cheese, chips, punch, fruit, and the kids loved it! Now...The ROOM!!! PRAISE THE LORD!! The BED - BEST BED I HAVE EVER LAID IN!! actually BEST BED WE HAVE EVER LAID IN!!! I cannot begin to tell you just how comfortable this bed was, from the mattress to the pillows, the sheets the blanket, I want to lay in it right now just talking about it!! Let me remind you that it was iffy to even come stay at this hotel before and even on the way here lol but God is good and he Blessed us with a very nice place to rest our heads (before picking up our lovely 96 year old NANA at the airport only a few miles from the hotel)
Anyways we slept GREAT (it was hard to get out of bed lol ) we go down to breakfast, which even though there was quite a crowd, the workers were on it!! There was plenty of anything and everything was fresh, they had scrambled eggs, sausages, yogurt, donuts, muffins, waffles, you name it I bet they had it!! And it was complimentary to EVERYONE staying at the hotel! The breakfast scored VERY HIGH with the kids and that's always a plus!

So all and all this was one of the best hotels especially for the price and area and I recommend it to business , family, solo, group, and even couples that are traveling! This hotel was everything you want and need in a hotel... CLEAN, AMAZING SERVICE, COMFORTABLE, AFFORDABLE, CONVIENIENT, KID FRIENDLY, PET FRIENDLY, AND THEY OFFER COMPLIMENTARY MANAGERS RECEPTION, BREAKFAST, WIFI, AND SHUTTLE SERVICE!! SO IF YOU ARE FELLING IFFY ABOUT THIS HOTEL....YOU WILL BE MISSING OUT ON ONE OF THE BEST STAYS YOU HAVE PROBABLY HAD IN A WHILE.

Oh and if you have a really nice friendly young lady Erin check you in or out, tell her about this review! I have read reviews on this site but this is my first written review on here and it is because it is well deserved!! HAVE A BLESSED STAY!!! Thanks for reading my first review!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get you choicehotel privileges reward card to get your free water, cookies and USA today!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Traveling Friend - we don't know how else to begin responding then by saying, "Wow." Thank you so much for the kind words that you offered regarding your stay. We know that we are not a "Ritz" hotel, but do our very best to make sure that every guest has a pleasant and memorable stay. We are so glad to hear that you and your family were satisfied and had a good experience. Our owners are wonderful leaders who are passionate about helping in the community and making sure that everyone feels at home at our hotel. We will make sure to pass your review onto them. We will also make sure to share your insights with Erin. She is fantastic and a true blessing to our staff. Again, thank you for taking time to offer feedback and for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Have a great weekend.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We visited Michigan for the Tulip Festival 2013 and stayed here since all Holland, MI hotels were expensive.
Salient features I liked:
1. Very reasonable pricing
2. Good hot breakfast
3. Clean rooms
4. The property looks new and is very well maintained. It is a non-smoking property, so the hallways and rooms do not smell of stale cigarette smoke
5. Extremely courteous staff
6. Close to some great restaurants (we dined at "Thai Fusion" which was around a 5 minute drive and were impressed)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MAG_Cincinnati
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Tulip Visitor - thank you so much for the detailed review. We appreciate general feedback from our travelers. However, it is always encouraging to know that the extra steps we take do make a positive impression. The Tulip Festival is one of our favorite West Michigan events. We love interacting with the guests from around the world who come to see the beautiful flowers. We are honored to know that you had a memorable visit to the festival and then a relaxing stay at our property. We strive to provide each guest with a clean, reasonably priced room. Thanks for letting us know we succeeded. Also, thanks for the feedback on the Thai food - yum!!! Again, we appreciate you staying with us and for offering such kind words. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Grand Rapids.