WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Windsor, Canada
“Continues to impress”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is our 3rd or 4th visit to this property and the staff continue to impress. EVERYONE is so friendly and helpful. Check in is always a "breeze". The rooms are spacious and clean. The WiFi is quick! Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: If you have a choice, stay away from 125 or 127. These rooms face the entrance driveway. This is a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Canadian Friends - we love having visitors from the North. Thank you so much for returning to our property. We love seeing familiar faces. It is one of the most enjoyable parts about working in the hospitality industry. Your comments mean so much as well. We do our best to provide fast, friendly, and professional customer service. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are the the States. P.S. - your icon photo is wonderful! Are you a Detroit Tigers fan as well? Have a wonderful week.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Plainwell, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hey, I am on the road about 65 nights a year and this Comfort Inn is a very good combination of Clean, Up-to-date and great rate. I have returned hear several times and has never disappointed. I like the higher floor and try to face West in the parking lot, because those rooms have balconies.

Room Tip: I like the upper floor and see if can get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Valued Guest - the greatest compliment a hotel can have is a loyal returning customer. We can't thank you enough for being such a faithful patron and for writing such a nice review of our property. We do believe we are a great value, but it means so much more to hear affirmation from the guests. Once again, thank you so much. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Ludington, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have traveled to Grand Rapids weekly for a treatment program and have found this Comfort Inn location to be a wonderful place to stay. I have noticed over the last several weeks that there are many "regulars" who stay at this hotel. Figuring that out is easy since the staff greets the "regulars" by name. I guess I'm a regular too since I'm greeted by name upon arrival. I'm not much of a traveler and prefer to be at home. Staying at this location is like being at home. The entire staff is warm, friendly and caring. I highly recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Clinton - it is always a pleasure to have you staying with us. Thank you so much for taking time to review our property and for offering such positive insights. We know what it is like to be away from home. Thus, we do our best to make all our guests feel welcome. Still, we especially love our regulars. It is fun to catch up on people's lives and to offer encouragement in anyway that we can. We hope things are going well in Ludington and look forward to seeing you in the near future. Have a great weekend.
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Overall this property is a good solid value for the price. Rooms are fine, location is very good, amenities are nice including fitness center, breakfast, coffee in lobby, internet etc. We had an issue with our room missing it's cleaning on one of the days we were there. However, when this was brought to the attention of the manager he responded quickly and I was very satisfied with his response.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quieter room I would probably ask for one not next to the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Friend – we truly appreciate you taking time to give input from your recent stay at our property. We once again apologize for the mix-up with cleaning your room. We are always looking for ways to improve and can’t thank you enough for being so understanding. We are proud of our hotel but look to grow each day. We hope your spring has been pleasant thus far and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Grand Rapids. Take Care.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a trip to Grand Rapids for a family event, and I booked it largely because of positive reviews relative to other hotels in the southwest of the city. I have to say that the positive reviews were accurate! Obviously, this is a Comfort Inn, not the Waldorf Astoria, but in it's class and price range, it is as good as it gets. My room was nicely decorated, very comfortable, and very clean. The bed was comfortable (a big deal for me), and the shower was hot and water pressure was great. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful and varied. All the staff with whom I interacted were polite and helpful. All in all, this is a great hotel for the money in this area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ohio friend – your review is wonderful. As you note, we are not the Waldorf Astoria, but we are proud of our property and do the best we can to make all guests feel welcome. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and truly appreciate the feedback. We will make sure to pass on your kind words to the rest of the staff. Have a great rest of your week and a wonderful spring/summer. Take Care.
Gahanna, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Upon our entrance into the hallway of our room, cigarette smoke was smelled by my husband and me. Jessica and Erin were on duty and I stopped Jessica as she was nearby. Both she and Erin wasted no time in correcting the problem by finding the smoker and penalized him via dollars for his error. The odor was taken care of soon, yet they were kind enough to move us to another room. We very much appreciated their quickness to our "please help" request. And the move was one that made us smile as well. Again, our many thanks to Erin and Jessica for their "quick" kindness. LG, Gahanna, OH.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Traveling Friend - thank you so much for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are so sorry for the smoking. We are proud to be a smoke free property but unfortunately the guests you mention were not following the rules. It was encouraging to hear that Erin and Jessica were able to quickly rectify the situation. We will make sure to pass on your kind words to them. Again thank you for staying at our property and for providing feedback. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Grand Rapids.
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

The staff were outstanding and the room was clean and comfortable. The room I was in could use some new carpet, paint, and attention to the tiles in the bathroom, but it was not dirty and those are mild gripes. Staff were terrific about accommodating my request to be in a quiet area, away from two high school groups.

My biggest complaint, however, and one that may prevent me from staying there again, is that the TV set was a wide screen HD, but the TV transmission is analog, which means that the picture was fuzzy and quite blurry - like looking at a bad computer screen. I could only tolerate about thirty minutes of it before I started to get a terrible headache. (Eyes trying to focus.) No way to improve or correct it. The transmission cannot accommodate a wide screen set, so I had the options of a s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d picture or one with black borders on the left and right. Maybe this is not an issue for people who use their laptops or such for TV viewing, but I didn't have mine so it was an issue for me. Probably wouldn't make a difference for kids.

Breakfast was fine, with scrambled eggs, yogurt, waffles, and the usual sugary cereals. Bed was soft but comfortable. Except for the TV, everything was just fine (and worth the price) but for me, the TV is a deal-breaker.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor, facing away from 28th street, are quietest. Also ask for a room far from...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Friend - on behalf of the Comfort Inn Staff I want to thank you for your honest and candid review of our property. We are continually looking for ways to improve our property and you mention several of the areas we are currently addressing. I am happy to report that we are putting new carpet into the building as we speak. We are excited about the new look and the warm welcome it will provide to guests. Furthermore, we are in the process of repainting the rooms in the building one by one. We hope the updated feel will match the excellent customer service you mentioned. I am so sorry about your TV problem. The TVs have been set to provide guests with a clear and sharp picture so I'm not sure why there was an issue in your room. We are having our maintenance staff check into the situation and we rectify accordingly. Again, thank you so much for your insights and for staying with us. We hope you have a wonderful spring and are able to take advantage of the warm weather that is coming. Take Care