Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Rapids
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Comfort Inn Airport(Grand Rapids)
View Hotel
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Rapids)
View Hotel
All reviewsworking the breakfast arearoom was cleantypical breakfastmorning staffthe noise levelnice hoteldefinitely stay at this hotel againwafflesdouble queen rooma lot of noisehockey tournamentbusiness stayclose to the airportquiet locationparking lottwo nightsvisiting family
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2010

This is my second visit at this property in two years and what can I say. The bang for your buck is what you pay for. Don't get me wrong. The property is well maintained and clean. But the noise level coming from the floor above will keep you awake. This has been the case on both my stays. Although I requested a "higher floor", on both stays, I was put on the 2nd floor. This property has three floors. So if you require a little more peace and quiet, request the third floor on your next stay at this Marriott property.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times this year while on business. It's a typical older Fairfield, but it's clean and reliable in its service and amenities. The morning crew is sometimes a bit lax (no folio under the door...rushing to brew more coffee, etc.) but otherwise it is fine. It's not as nice as some of the beautiful new Fairfield's that are being built now, but I will continue to stay here when I'm on business in Grand Rapids. If you are not familiar with Grand Rapids, this hotel is 10-15 minutes from downtown Grand Rapids, but it is very close to 28th street, a major road with just about every restaurant or business you would need.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank fjg05
Reviewed August 10, 2009

I am a business traveler and frequent Mariott's. This FI is way below the standards of most. It is definitely an older hotel that had an attempted upgrade but has the feel of a Motel 6. If I were to come back I would spend the extra money and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank nikkocm
Reviewed June 2, 2008

We were here for a two night stay on Memorial Day weekend while visiting relatives in Grand Rapids. When we pulled in the parking lot (about 7:30 PM), we wondered what happened here. There was not one single other car there, except for the desk attendant's. Wow -- what's wrong here, we asked. Turns out that this is pretty much just a "business hotel", the desk attendant told us (and he was a very helpful person I might add -- no matter what the question we had or assistance we needed.)

They don't have much other traffic there -- and I'm not surprised. They would never get a walk-in from the road, because they are situated off a side-road, back in the trees and other office buildings -- with no sign on the side road. We passed it twice before we figured out where it was.

So we had the place pretty much to ourselves, although I would guess there were about 15 cars on the lot in the morning. Very quiet -- not a sound from the hallways, and obviously no road noise.

We had reserved a regular king room, but when we asked if it had a fridge or microwave ........ he said "no, but I can move you into a king suite, no problem -- we have plenty of empty rooms." So we had a nice mini-suite, and it was all very much up to the Fairfield standards that you would expect.

Only two complaints: this Fairfield still has those lumpy, hard-as- a-rock foam pillows, but that's not a problem for us, since we travel with our own pillows when driving. The other problem was the A/C, which did not work properly the first night -- but it did so the 2nd night -- never could figure that out. Got pretty warm in the room the first night, and once again, the same desk attendant was more than willing to move us to another room -- but we just didn't want to be bothered with that. Turned out to be a good decision. He assured us that the maintenance man would be checking it out after we left.

So it pretty much met all our basic expectations for a Fairfield Inn, and we got a free room upgrade besides.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank Weston66
Reviewed March 30, 2008

After staying in a stellar Hampton Inn the week before, I was sorely disappointed by this FI. The room was sparse and looked more like a newer Motel 6 than a Marriott property. But, the room and shower were clean. If I went back to GR, I would spend the extra $10 and stay at a better property.

Stayed: March 2008