“Exceptional service!”

Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Lakeland, Florida
“Exceptional service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

Upon arriving, I walked up to the front desk and Lori Hulsman greeted me with a warm, personal smile. I entered my room, 305, and felt welcomed. Instead of walking into a dark, warm room, the tv was on and the room was cooled with a light on. It was as if someone had been expecting me. Every phone call I made to the front desk was answered with a friendly greeting. Even the cleaning staff smiled at me with cheery eyes. Lori Hulsman is the definition of "good ol' fashioned" customer service and will go above and beyond to successfully meet your customer service needs while upholding company standards.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

Stayed at this hotel in June of 2010 for an unexpected, short trip. Was very pleased. The rooms are quite large, and there is a pull out sofa in the living room. This meant we were able to sleep three people in one room very comfortably. There is a nice sized living room with a pull out sofa, TV, and kitchen table with two chairs. The next room is the kitchen, with coffee maker and sink. Behind the kitchen is the bedroom, with another TV. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the kitchen, which were both really nice touches. There is a large Meijer right next door, made it very convenient to buy food and drinks and keep them fresh, and warm them later. The rooms were always cleaned appropriately, the staff was really friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was bigger than I expected, and free...hot eggs, sausage, bacon, gravy, biscuits, muffins, cinnamon rolls, everything you could ever want. Loved the picnic area in the back, we had some family members over for a chat out there, nice area in the shade. The elevator is super slow, but the stairs are more healthy for you! The stairs are inside, and were right next to our room, so the elevator was a non-issue. Overall it was exactly what we needed, and if I ever end up back in Grand Rapids, I will stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Grand Blanc, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

Our friends who also had small children travelled with us. Their bathroom door kept sticking and the doorknob didn't work. Was never fixed. The front desk employee was very, very nice. Internet service in lobby, coffee, tea. Room was larger than most and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Pool was TINY and had too much chorine. If you don't require a pool for the kids to splash around in, this is a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank specedtcr
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

Very comfortable room, efficient staff, every one friendly and anxious to go the extra mile to make us feel welcomed, comfortabe. It was clear to us that the management appreciated our business. Breakfast was a nice added feature. Internet service was free of charge and very much appreciated.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tac0ma
Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

I booked this stay as a part of a group of ladies attending a recent conference. Part of the reason I felt comfortable in booking it was that my husband had stayed in this hotel on business -- as had his bosses. The reservations staff was wonderful, and gave us a more competitive rate than any other hotel in the area. Everyone on the staff was very friendly, helpful and courteous, the rooms were immaculate, and they even started breakfast earlier the next morning to accommodate the large number of women attending the conference, as we had an early start time.

This is a suite hotel with many amenities that you might not ordinarily find in a Holiday Inn Express. My boss stayed at a hotel in Grand Rapids the day before, paid better than twice that -- and received ridiculously bad service. I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2010

Our volleyball group played in a 2 day tournament which was within walking distance from hotel. The rooms were spacious and I like the idea of a sitting area with the second TV. A bonus that all rooms have a microwave and refrigerator. Great breakfast which included many hot items. I would stay again!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2010

I spend 4-5 nights per month in a hotel, and I am not really a picky traveler. But, boy was I dissappointed with this stay at Holiday Inn Express. For example, the bathroom sink stopper was broken and stuck in the down position. I had to call the front desk and wait for that to be fixed at 10PM after a long day traveling. The window had something smeared all over it. I left a note for the housekeeper, along with a tip, and when I got back that night, the tip was gone, but the window was still disgusting. The only thing the housekeeper did was make the bed and fold the towels. The little details, like putting the iron away and cleaning up some randon trash, were not attened to. The TV remote was missing, but I found it on the floor under the sofa. Believe me - I don't want to be crawling around on the floor in a hotel! Finally, why can't a hotel room have an outlet near the bed available for phone or computer chargers? This hotel had 1 outlet behind the bed, taken up by lamp (no auxillary outlets) and radio. The only other outlet in the bedroom was behind the TV cabinet. I am sorry to say that I won't be back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Hiexgrmi, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, March 30, 2010
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for choosing our hotel for your Grand Rapids lodging needs. I am very sorry to hear about your displeasure with our hotel during your stay with us. Please take note that some of our windows are weathered, therefore causing the seals to leak moisture in between the two glass panels. Unfortunately, this is not something that our housekeepers are able to clean. We are currently in the exciting process of replacing all of our windows, and as I'm sure you can imagine, it can be an expensive and timely process. Once again, I apologize for your displeasure, and I certainly hope you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with the service you have come to expect with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites next time you are in the Grand Rapids area.