I chose Holiday Inn Express near the airport based on good TripAdvisor reviews and the good weekend rate. The hotel is evidently highly used by business travelers during the week, and we found a very reasonable rate on the weekend. The late afternoon/evening front desk staff is courteous and helpful. They made sure to assign us to a quiet room away from the highway and elevator. When we asked the location of a nearby Smokey Bones barbeque restaurant, one of the staff even found us a $5 off coupon for the restaurant -- service beyond our expectation.
The suites are very spacious. The bedroom and sitting area are not separated by walls and door, but they are separated by the kitchenette and bathroom. We liked having a refrigerator, microwave, and sink where we could prepare a light meal one evening. Two TVs are a convenience in the bedroom and sitting area. The room was clean and comfortable, but the entire hotel could use some touchups.
We find it best to eat breakfast early when complimentary breakfasts are provided. Like similar hotels, the seating space is limited. The food and variety of options was good. The only problem was the second morning when no signature cinnamon rolls were available -- huge disappointment.
Our only other disappointment was that our room was not serviced on the second day. Housekeeping staff were just down the hall when we left for our day's activities, but when we returned, we found that the room had not been cleaned. The trash cans were still full, bed was unmade, and no fresh towels left. When I mentioned this at the front desk, they were most apologetic.
We found this hotel to be convenient for our stay in Grand Rapids, and we would consider staying again, especially if maintenance or upgrades are done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join us at the newest Holiday Inn Express in Grand Rapids, MI!The Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport Hotel provides quality and comfort with a unique twist...all rooms are suites! The Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR) is located only 3 miles from this airport hotel and our complimentary airport shuttle service will have you there in minutes.Amenities abound at the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport. Stay Smart with Express Start breakfast served daily (including those irresistible cinnamon buns) and hot coffee offered round the clock. When you arrive, take a dip in our indoor pool or shoot hoops at the backyard sport court. If there is work to be done, you ll love free wireless Internet throughout the hotel and complimentary business center services.The Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport guests often visit nearby local Grand Rapids businesses including Steelcase Headquarters, Amway, Cascade Engineering, and Meijer among others.Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport is family and group friendly too, located next door to the MVP Sports Fieldhouse. We are also situated within walking distance of Cascade Meijer and Macaroni Grill, 2 miles from the Woodland Mall and Centerpointe Mall, 2 miles from Celebration Cinema, and only 5 miles away from the Frederik Meijer Gardens. The sandy beaches of the Lake Michigan shore is only a 35 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Grand Rapids Airport
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids