Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
Red Roof Inn(Grand Rapids)
View Hotel
Econo Lodge & Suites(Grand Rapids)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskmeijer storecheese omeletspancake machineshuttle drivershort staygrand rapids airportsleeper sofaparking lotfree breakfastwould stay here againking suitemini fridgeexercise roomthe hotel is cleanpool and hot tubbreakfast bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2012

After 3 other motels that we checked that were horrible and rated higher then this one we Finally found our night stay here at the Holiday Inn Express! We had 2 adults, 1 senior, our 9 yr old and a little 10 lb dog who always travels with us. As soon as we walked in it smelled better then the others, they let us check our room first and it was very nice! It also smelled clean and looked clean. We were close to the airport but never heard anything. Our room was quiet, beds were very comfortable with firm and soft pillows. Our room also had a frig, microwave, and a little sink and counter area with cabinets. There was also a nice pull out sofa and two t.v.s There is a thermometer on the wall to adjust the temps vs the window units, which is much nicer too. Breakfast was really good. Pancakes, bacon, biscuits and gravy, egg omelets with cheese in them, cereal, hard boiled eggs, muffins, cinnamon rolls, bagels, yogurt too. Coffee, milk, and juices were also available. All in all a great stay! THIS motel should be rated MUCH higher then it is. Thank you for a great night stay!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mmkp97
Reviewed September 3, 2012

You owe it to yourself to enter "Kentwood, Mi" into your Tripadvisor search. An excellant Holiday Inn is on this list, and is zoned outside of the "Grand Rapids" area by two blocks. Very handy to the airport and 28th street restaurants and shopping in the East GR area. If this property were listed in the general GR area, it would be listed with a rank around #6 to #10, out of 50 hotels. In it's Kentwood listing, it ranks #1 of 3 hotels. (as of Sept. 3, 2012)

I don't know if Tripadvisor allows duplicate location listings, but this place should be considered to be put on the "Grand Rapids" list... see the map.

Room Tip: Add "Kentwood, Mi" to your Grand Rapids search for a great Holiday Inn
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flintjarvis
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed in many HI over years and this is one of the best. Stayed in King suite, it was spacious, clean, bed was comfortable. I have been staying in Hampton Inn and Suites lately and this place was right in line. Bedding was very nice; entire hotel was clean and modern. Pool was nice also. Staff polite and accomadating. I was a little nervous about it being so close to freeway but it was one of the most quiet hotels I have been in of late. Breakfast was the typical found in most places.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nesson
Reviewed July 12, 2012

High marks! Has "airport" in its description, but never heard any planes. Good location with plenty of fast food and sit-down chain restaurants. 24/7 Meijers store very near.(large store, the likes of a Super T***** or W******). Clean and lots to choose from. Also plenty of local non-chain restaurants and bar/grills, within a mile or so. Staff at desk were always personable, and happy to answer questions. Computer/printer is at a spot near front desk, and was very nice to have for on-line check-in and printing boarding passes.
We had 14 adults(40+ to 80+) staying here, and no one was disappointed. (except with the pool/hot tub closing at 11 pm, which seems rather early, especially on weekends). Decent breakfast selections. Scrambled eggs did not get the highest marks from our group, but another morn, the omelet offered was good. Pancakes were rated VERY tasty. Ham one morn, sausages the next. Had the other standard stuff: juice, milk, cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, yogurt, bananas, etc. Dining area was of reasonable size, but there could be times when there would not be enough seating. Front desk told us there is a room on 2nd floor, off the balcony that overlooks the lobby/dining area, that they would open if more dining space was needed. Keep that in mind~I've read other reviews that complain about not enough seats at the busiest times~this hotel has a back-up plan. Kudos to them.
Each room has a sink, fridge, microwave, and a small supply of disposable paper goods, plastic silverware.And drawers,cupboards to stash any goods you bring with. All of our rooms had a sofa sleeper with a second flat screen tv. The bathroom was between the bed and sofa areas, so there would be some privacy if you needed to put the sofa to use. Another plus is that there are multi-stall bathrooms on each floor, so a place other than your room to do "business".
Upon check-in, I was disappointed to not have my request for rooms on the top floor honored (I'd only reserved 2 of the rooms we needed, so it's not like our entire group had asked). I was told they were trying to keep our group "together" on the 2nd floor...together in the end rooms of different wings, together, lol. Not.
My reason for the 3rd floor had been as that it was the only floor that's NOT pet-friendly. 1st and 2nd floors ARE pet-friendly. Kind of made me nervous about reserving here. Plus side is, I never saw or heard a pet(I was told there were a few there). Don't get me wrong--we have pets, but don't travel with them.We were traveling with seniors with bad legs/knees, who don't sleep well, let alone with extra noises(i.e.barking/yipping dogs..). On that note, this hotel was reasonably quiet, even with many celebrations in the hotel: a family reunion that had been there all week, and parties up on the 3rd floor associated with a couple of weddings. After hearing that, I was happy I WASN'T on that 3rd floor. Party Central :-)
Pool is on the smaller side, but it was warm enough. Hot tub was pleasingly hot, but not very big, either. Did not use the exercise room except to weigh my suitcase, but it looked decent.
If in the area again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank janiejake
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Terrible guests in adjoining rooms... loud and vulgar... and hotel staff did nothing to address the complaints.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Nicholas__T54
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear Nicholas__T54,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I’m pleased you found our location and rooms satisfactory. I am sorry that the noise issue was not addressed immediately. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make it right.

Irish V.