After reading so many good reviews of this property, we were a bit disappointed with our experience. On the positive side, we did find the rooms to be very clean, and the rooms were plenty large for our purposes. The breakfast was also good, with quite a few food and beverage options. The pool was fine-- the water was a nice temperature, but the room containing the pool was very chilly which made getting out of the pool unpleasant.
We had some minor issues during out stay, such as finding that our room key cards had been accidentally deactivated when we tried to get into our room the second day (to their credit, the front desk quickly rectified the situation). Also, the thermostat was difficult to read, which made it hard to find a comfortable temperature for the room. There was an extremely long line for breakfast (and no available tables), so the 2nd morning of our stay, we had to skip breakfast because we did not have time to wait in line.
The major issues were the overly firm beds (with no mattress pads, just paper-thin mattress guards). If you don't mind firm beds this will not be a problem, but I did not sleep at all the first night as a result of the bed. Again, to their credit, the staff provided us with extra blankets to help alleviate the problem the second night, and it did help-- but the mattress was still not ideal. Unlike most of the other reviewers, we experienced a great deal of noise during our stay-- lots of kids yelling, running through the hallways, and slamming doors throughout the night. It did quiet down somewhat after 11:00pm, so we did not mention it to the front desk, but it was still louder than most hotels in which we've stayed, and we could hear conversations and TVs in adjacent rooms. Also, the drapes in our room were partially broken, so the drapes did little to block out the bright lights streaming into our room all night from the front of the hotel.
For all of the aforementioned reasons, I regret to say that we would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join us at the newest Holiday Inn Express in Grand Rapids, MI!The Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport Hotel provides quality and comfort with a unique twist...all rooms are suites! The Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR) is located only 3 miles from this airport hotel and our complimentary airport shuttle service will have you there in minutes.Amenities abound at the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport. Stay Smart with Express Start breakfast served daily (including those irresistible cinnamon buns) and hot coffee offered round the clock. When you arrive, take a dip in our indoor pool or shoot hoops at the backyard sport court. If there is work to be done, you ll love free wireless Internet throughout the hotel and complimentary business center services.The Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport guests often visit nearby local Grand Rapids businesses including Steelcase Headquarters, Amway, Cascade Engineering, and Meijer among others.Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport is family and group friendly too, located next door to the MVP Sports Fieldhouse. We are also situated within walking distance of Cascade Meijer and Macaroni Grill, 2 miles from the Woodland Mall and Centerpointe Mall, 2 miles from Celebration Cinema, and only 5 miles away from the Frederik Meijer Gardens. The sandy beaches of the Lake Michigan shore is only a 35 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Grand Rapids Airport
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids