“Good Sleeps, Bad Eats”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed March 4, 2013

So my team and I stayed here twice this past season for dive meets and here is what I have to say about this hotel. The first time we visited in December the staff was nothing but nice and incredibly helpful. However this time the staff seemed a little stand-offish and not very personable.

The best thing about this hotel is definitely the beds. I've never been so comfortable in a hotel bed in my life. The ultimate down side to this place though is the less the average breakfast they serve in the morning.

So if you're looking for a good sleep go here, but if you want a 4-5 star experience look else where

• Stayed: March 2013
Cameron C, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

We would like to thank you for your review. We are disappointed that the breakfast was less than average. We work hard on trying to bring an exceptional product each and everyday. We are always striving to improve on our breakfast and would love to hear any suggestions on how we may improve. Please feel free to contact me with any suggestions or other concerns.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was very please with my stay. We have been visiting a friend in the hospital and needed something cheap. I needed an upgrade from the other hotel that we had been booking. I decided to take a chance and book here. Boy was I suprised and pleased!! For $20 more than the other hotel we recieved a great breakfast, a clean and modern room with fridge and microwave, a pool, and wonderful beds. I will not stay anywhere else while in Grand Rapids! The late check out time is great!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Cameron C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the chance to stay with us! I am ecstatic that our hotel and staff made your stay a wonderful one. We hope to see you soon. If there is ever anything that we can do better, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I were visiting relatives and stayed here one night. Very clean and friendly. Great Breakfast! loved the waffles. Talked to a nice young lady about sugar free syrup and she said she will make a suggestion to see if they can offer that. I hope that will happen.
My husband and I were pleased with the comfy bed. We will stay there again.
reasonably priced for one night.
We will be going out of town in the summer and I hope that I will find another Sleep Inn with friendly staff and clean rooms and comfy bed to have a great experience like we did here.
Thanks

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy that your stay was enjoyable! Also thank you for the suggestion of sugar free syrup. We have listened and now have sugar free syrup alongside our regular syrup for the delicious waffles.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here because it was a good bargain, and we didn't need anything fancy. The room itself (King) was pretty small; there was a wardrobe instead of a closet and the wall by the bathroom had to bump out to fit the shower. We didn't have breakfast there, but it looked like they had a pretty standard continental breakfast available with a good amount of seating. I didn't check out the pool or exercise room, so I can't say anything about those. My biggest complaint about our stay was that someone blasted dance music outside our door at 3AM. Not the hotel's fault, I guess, but it certainly didn't help the "sleep quality" score. It was also hard to set the temperature comfortably: it was either smothering or cold.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here two nights with my wife while visiting friends and checking out a West Michigan Whitecaps game. We know someone who works for another Choice Hotel property and took advantage of a $39 rate for friends/family. Once we got there we were greeted by an incredibly friendly female staff agent and we were given an upgrade to a whirlpool room for an additional $11/night.

The first room reaked of smoke smell and I am allergic. My understanding is this recently became a non-smoking hotel, so its possible the smell still lingers in some of the hallways/rooms. Anyhow, we had to switch rooms and she gave us a second room which was much better, although the whirlpool tub which was in the bathroom wasn't that clean (had chips in the tub, etc) and we didn't end up using it to soak at all. But the extra space in the room made it worth the upgrade since we hadn't paid too much more.

The breakfast was good and the beds were comfortable. All in all for a Sleep Inn it was probably the nicest one I'd ever been to. As long as you're not expecting four-star or five-star accomodations you'll have a perfectly positive experience staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is such a wonderful place to stay when your not able to be home. The service is amazing and wonderful, the rooms are all updated and very clean and comfortable! They provide a very nice breakfast and then Monday-Thursday Dinner! If your going to stay in GR, stay here!

Room Tip: The rooms are all very nice! Does not matter which room your in!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I found this hotel off the main road but great place to stay. Hot breakfast and Dinner Monday - Thursday. Staff is friendly and helpful. Quite as far as traffic and close to shopping and eats. Pool area is always clean. Rooms are upgraded and comfortable. Check it out as rates are a good deal as well.

Room Tip: Just ask for a good one away from end of hall due to the stairways.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business