We book the clarion through Priceline. We got a very good rate. We took the courtesy shuttle from the airport. On the drive from the airport I asked several questions about Grand Rapids and he acted as if he didn't hear me. No biggie he got us to the hotel. We arrived and our room was ready as expected. The desk staff were very helpful and friendly. After we settled in our room we made reservations at a local restaurant. We thought we would take advantage of the shuttle that they say will take you to points close by. Our reservation was at 6:00 so the desk person called the shuttle and said there would be no problem and the shuttle would be back from a run to the airport at 5:30. The shuttle arrived as promised but when we tried to board the shuttle the driver said he could not take us because he had to return to make another pickup at the airport. Of course we tried to insist that he was supposed to take us to the restaurant but he totally refused. So we gave up and went back in the hotel and the driver left. The desk manager said he would recall the shuttle to get us. We sat down in the lobby to wait after a few minutes the desk manager came over and offered to personally take us to the restaurant . We accepted his offer. We had a good conversation and we found out he was the owners son. I offered him some gas money but he refused. After dinner we called the hotel to get a ride back to the hotel. We were hoping that the shuttle driver we had the issue with went off duty, which was the case as we saw when the shuttle pulled up. This driver was very courteous and friendly. As some others have commented on the hotel is old and worn but is is clean. The complementary dinner bar was not much but would have been okay had we not wanted to go out for dinner. We haven't had the breakfast bar yet but we probably will go out again. There are several restaurants close by within waking distance. I noticed that the hotel clientele are mostly business people, service people and people like us looking for a decent place to stay for a night at a decent price. We were happy wit our stay considering what we paid. If you come here expected a five star hotel for a three star price you will be disappointed. Again I can't say enough about the personal service we got from Cordo the owners son.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2009, this Choice hotel is big on value. You'll love new flat panel 32" TVs in every guestroom along with microwaves and refrigerators. A daily breakfast buffet is complimentary as is an evening reception served Monday - Thursday. Complimentary area shuttle service will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius. Free wireless Internet and outdoor heated pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Clarion Inn & Suites Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Inn And Suites Airport
- Clarion Inn & Suites Airport Hotel Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Days Inn