“My Home Away from Home”

Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“My Home Away from Home”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

As a commuting student, I have found the Clarion staff to be so encouraging and helpful for all of my home away from home needs such as the forgotten toothbrush, the laundry soap, the lost key, etc. The food is excellent, the rooms are always clean, the business center is great, and the best part is how downright friendly the staff is, always a good morning! or have a great day! Attentive, professional, courteous, helpful, the staff is the best I've seen in all of my travels.

Room Tip: main floor is great/convenient near the dining room, the business center, and the exercise room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Debbie H, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We appreciate your business and feedback about our hotel. Its nice to receive a good review about our property in which our staff can be singled out for its friendliness and professionalism. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you book with us again if you are in the GR area.

Kardokh Piromari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter and fiancé. The staff at the hotel are very pleasant and helpful. The rooms where very clean and neat. The are very much focused on customer service and a friendly atmosphere. They even recognize a "guest of the day." I would stay at this hotel when we come back up again.

• Stayed September 2012
Fairborn, Ohio
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I stay here every week! The staff always greets you with a smile and will go out of the way to make sure your stay is great! I also love the heated pool! Out of all the hotel in the area that I have stayed in this is the best one!

• Stayed June 2013
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past 6 months (maybe 12?). The staff is friendly and helpful, the room is clean and the bed comfortable. We usually have a king suite, which is great for us. We especially like that some suites have two full bathrooms. We can sleep in and still be on our way with plenty of time to spare. The breakfast is adequate with a wide variety of foods including eggs, bacon and sausage. I would recommend considering this property when needing a place to stay in Grand Rapids.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was greeted with a smile and upbeat attuide. Upgrade my room. They have food from 5pm to 7pm. Got a really late check out with no problem. Everything worked in the room. It was clean lobby and nice setup. They dont have a pool but have a card to take to a 'sister' hotel to use their pool n hot tub down the road. I maybe back a 3rd time:)

Room Tip: Best rooms are 244 and 242. its a double room that makes it 2 baths 2 tvs 2 refigertors 2 everything...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed in Clarion inn grand rapids, hotel for 2 months during business trip. This hotel is trying to cheat my tax refund of $409. The hotel GM promised and gave fake assurance that she is responsible for sending my cheque of the tax returns. But now even after 2 months she even deny to reply to my email or attend my phone call. I REALLY DO NOT RECOMMEND TO PAY ANY ADVANCE CASH TO THIS HOTEL AS THEY DON CARE TO RETURN IT BACK. THEY ARE A PAIN TO AMERICANS FAME.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

The "heated pool" is non-existent. Well, there is a pool out there, but no water in it. The room is MUCH smaller than the pictures. You have to go through a somewhat scary stairwell to get to your room. Got a deal from four square when we arrived...for a free upgrade due to this being out first check in but they refused to honor it since we booked through a "third party" (Expedia). We could have had a room like the picture advertised if we booked direct through clarion, which is what I thought the telephone number I had was to.)
I will never stay at a clarion again...especially this one. The staff were not very pleasant nor were they accommodating. We are not impressed what so ever. I'll stick to my usual Hotel 8..they are larger rooms, nicer staff and about $70 cheaper per night. Paying more doesn't always get you more. (Well, not with clarion inn, anyway). The breakfast..I'm almost afraid to try it. They have a make-shift "kitchen" in the lobby where they plan to. Cook the "buffet breakfast" which doesn't look like it will be "buffet" at all. I'm NOT impressed nor will I return. Don't come here!!! There are many hotels around here. Do a little research. Nasty!!! We just found someone's pants in the wardrobe. They obviously don't do thorough cleaning here, either!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank LauraStone
Debbie H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for submitting your review. We certainly apologize for failing to meet and exceed your expectations during your recent stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations!

Kardokh Piromari