“October 3-4-5-6, 2012”

Clarion Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed November 18, 2012

While overall our stay was quite good, there were several issues that could be improved.

1-The shuttle service and communication for the Artprize event proved undependable, including one evening when we waited in the cold for 2 hours for a shuttle that was about to find us but never did, requiring us to eventually call a cab to return to the inn.

2-The soda machine was not stocked.

3-Breakfast. Eggs were cold. Orange juice dispenser inoperative. Coffee watery.

4-Hair dryer needed to be replaced.

5-TV cable array very limited, no sound on some channels.

6-Layout is too institutional and vast in scale.

7-Key card didn't always work.

8-The elevator and maid service was impressive.

9-The front desk appeared to be understaffed and congested.

J. Wyler and S Mezger
San Francisco

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The property is a short distance from I-96, which made it convenient for my travels. I thought the price was reasonable, given the amenities (nice hot breakfast, food between 5-7p for example). Front desk person was very pleasant and efficient. The room was clean, with a nice bathroom. Also included a microwave, small refrig, coffee maker. I noticed in the morning that the staff was busily cleaning rooms, lobby, and common areas. I was impressed by seeing so many folks doing that at 9 am! I would definitely stay there again, and would recommend the Clarion GR MI to my friends.

Room Tip: The elevator is quite a distance from the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank chermar48
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel is very clean and the staff are friendly and considerate. We stayed in a jacuzzi suite with a king-size bed for $99. The jacuzzi was enormous, the room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

One of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Wish we were in the hotel longer-the room was gorgeous and had everything you could have wanted. Large bed, large tv, microwave, fridge, desk, large bathroom (which is what always gets my attention) VERY clean-no bedbugs ;) I always check lol

Room Tip: PRICELINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great room for Art Prize in Grand Rapids Denny's right down the str...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

While the room was fine and the staff very friendly, our overall experience was bad. We booked the ArtPrize package, which was advertised on the hotel web site to include round trip shuttle to downtown, discounts to area businesses, and the ArtPrize guide - a $15 value. Well, the hotel clerk directed us onto a shuttle van that took us to the airport...there was no knowledge of any discounts to be included...and the $15 ArtPrize guide is available everywhere for $5. For this package, I paid $23 more than a room would've cost without the package. When I complained about this at checkout, I was given the manager's business card with contact information. No thanks! I will not waste anymore of my time with the Clarion Inn.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RIS
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Booked this hotel through Priceline and got a great deal with a nice surprise. Very clean and comfortable rooms. This hotel looked like it went through a renovation for the better. From check in to check out I was treated great. This hotel offers a reception/dinner from 5-7pm, it was Burrito night when I was here, offering hot Burritos, Chips & Salsa and a Salad. I came down about 6pm and there were just two Burritos left (good sign), the staff must have noticed because as I was there they brought in a tray of Sub Sandwiches for anyone that needed food for the next hour. Nice move staff and way to pay attention to detail. Great customer service that would make me want to stay at this hotel again. Overall a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank cweld5
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I am happy to report that I just stayed at the nicest Clarion Hotel I have ever seen! This hotel has been recently renovated and it is very impressive! The second you step foot into the lobby you know you're not entering just any clarion! The interior design and decor makes you feel like your staying in a up scale place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business