“Not bad-”

Clarion Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stay here regularly for business. It's close to the I-96 28th street exit. Sarah is at the front desk (Hi Sarah) and checks me in quickly. Most rooms are fine.

There is one room- on the second floor, about fourth from the west end, north side, that had a dented door frame. It would be nice if they repaired that dented door frame. (hint hint). I have been assigned that room several times.

Breakfast is ok- not great. Note to hotel- buy a loaf of bread so people can make toast in the morning.

Room is comfortable. Price is reasonable. I will stay there again. And again. And again. I'm a platinum member, so why not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 25, 2011

After a terrible night at the days inn and sweets, we arrived here on a whim. Could not have been happier! The prices were amazing, the rooms were immaculate, and the service went above and beyond. We arrived to the front desk and they had a bag of treats and drinks ready for our children (we had called and told them before hand what had happened at other hotel). We got to our room and it was wonderful. The rooms were large and comfortable. There is nothing bad to say what so ever about this place. Sarah at the front desk is one of the most sweet and caring persons i have met. Especially at a hotel. She made our stay feel like home. Everyone there seemed to be friendly, and there to make the guests happy and comfortable. We will be staying here anytime we are in the Grand Rapids area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The most outstanding setting and services for the price we've ever experienced. Two full baths, separate living area that would accommodate family, and private bedroom and bath. Beautiful, spotless, and courteous and respectful service.

Microwave and refrigerator and separate TV in bedroom and living areas.

We will definitely visit Clarion Suites again.

Room Tip: A Choice Hotel - quick simple reservationsand room selection
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Sarah at Clarion's front desk & her knoweldge, enthusiasm & pride. She was proud of her hotel/employer, she took the time & showed us two rooms & we were sold. Pillowtop beds, updated interior, out door pool, workout room, breakfast & dinner included in price. This place is clean & updated. No smells of must/dust/smoke. Laundry facility/business office w/printer to print boarding passes, or emails. I promise you this is the place! We've stayed in some high-end properties & this is right up there with the best! Truly a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

First of all... let me say that I stay at lot of different hotels 3-5 overnights a week and I know good service. I'm kind of a big deal and I rarely feel motivated to write a review but in this case I felt I should.

I originally booked for one night at this Clarion and ended up staying two.

Service: The service I received was top notch.
Stephanie the GM is funny, cute, and witty while being very professional. Kardo who was working both nights I was there was accomodating and outgoing as well... very fun staff.

Location: Near several good restaurants and shopping establishments

The room: Beds were comfotable, room was clean, multiple HBO channels, nice flat screen TV's and the standard room included a refrigerator and Microwave.

Ammenities: The pool was clean and refreshing.
The workout room was nice - all equipment working (except the bike which I brought to their attention)
Guest laundry (ony a buck per machine)
Breakfast and dinner (dinner mon-thurs)
Business center - Everything worked

All in all a great hotel for less than 100 bucks... I will definitely be staying here when visiting Grand Rapids.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott L
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Upon check-in the staff was very courtious and easy to talk to and couldn't ask for any better. The room was very clean and the beds very comfy. Many food venues near by with a helpful may at the counter to point them out. We were both very impressed with the motel and will stay there again when we return. Large breakfast area.

Room Tip: The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2011

There are two rooms that are labeled accessible. Neither of which has a roll in shower making it inaccessible for many folks. As one of our party requires this as part of the stay it will determine whether we can stay there again. It seems an easy fix and would encourage our rather large party to return each year. The staff was amazing and we hope to see things changed by next year.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends