New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Macomb Twp., United States
“Great quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel was in a good area with a lot of nearby conveniences. The suites were very nice. The hallways smelled a little funny. There were a lot of families with small children because of the style of rooms. This meant that it could be loud at times. Overall, I would say this was an excellent hotel if you are looking for a suite with multiple rooms.

1 Thank Mark S
TMIHospitality, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hi Mark S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a nice review for our Homewood Suites Grand Rapids. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our suites and the local area attractions! We certainly love being so close to great restaurants and shopping while being tucked away in a quiet corner! I want to apologize for the noise level and funny smell that you experienced while with us. We strive to provide comfortable and relaxing accommodations to all of our guests. Please know that your comments are being used to evaluate our staff procedures to insure each and every guest can "be at home" while staying with us. We look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to the Grand Rapids area!

Thanks again,
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kansas City, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I always seek out a Homewood Suites when I travel with my family. The two room suites are great and most have a pool and/or a basketball/tennis court. The breakfasts and dinners served are always good, but primarily have a "heated up" taste. There are several good restaurants and shopping within a couple miles either direction of this location. I will stay here again on my next visit to MI. The hotel was under renovation, which didn't affect our stay, but it will improve our future stays.

1 Thank Cara P
GrandRapidsHWS_GM, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hi Cara P,

Thank you for your review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We love our location close to restaurants, the mall and other great shops and attractions!
I appreciate your feedback about our renovation as well. It is important to hear from guests that our management of the process is working and that the guests are not feeling negatively impacted by the work going on.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

The Homewood Suites in Grand Rapids was very nice. We had a two-room suite that was more than adequate. We paid extra to stay there because the Homewood Hotels advertise a light dinner Monday through Thursday nights. That's always been true until this time when the printed schedule in the room surprised us with the announcement that there would be no food service on Thursday, the 4th. I wish I could tell my family, "Sorry, there's dinner tonight. It's a holiday!" I realize that many guests are at the beach or fireworks displays on the 4th, but we are seniors and planned to spend a quiet night at the hotel after sightseeing in Muskegon.
Breakfast was good, but keep in mind that the food is put away at 9 am on weekdays, which doesn't quite mesh with the late sleeping habits of people on vacation during the summer. We saw many guests come down to find that most of the food had been taken away.
I would have given the hotel 5 stars, if it hadn't been for the lack of promised food service on the 4th.

Room Tip: During the renovation work that's going on now, ask for a room away from the noise. We heard it...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nana8fish
Hi nana8fish,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, it helps us know what areas we can improve in and where we are excelling!
I apologize for the confusion surrounding our dinner service on Thursday July 4th. While it is our hotels standard practice to not serve dinner on holidays, I can understand how it is disappointing to expect it and not get it.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to get out and do some sightseeing in West Michigan.

We hope to see you again when you are next in Grand Rapids. We would love to show you how we have used your comments to improve our service.

Huntington Station, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

First suite was a horror show--defective bedroom TV, refrigerator ice maker water line flooded part of the suite, toilet seat would not stay up, no lighting in living room. All resolved by being moved to another suite after 2 nights. High noise level due to ongoing renovations that started at 8 AM Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Alan W,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us last week. I am so sorry to hear the start of your stay was less than wonderful! I saw my Assistant Manager was in contact with you, and I trust he was able to express how truely sorry we are for the lack of comfort with your stay. If there is anything else I can do to assist, please do not hesitate to let me know!

Rebecca Kuptz
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Grand Rapids
Clear Lake, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here when we were in town for the Grand Rapids Marathon and to celebrate a birthday. The room was perfect for our trip...very clean, had a kitchenette, and was very quiet. The breakfast that was included was very nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hello AnnMarie1002,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast!
We look forward to seeing you when you are next in Grand Rapids.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The reception desk and kitchen staff were excellent. All greeted me with a smile and asked if I needed anything. I left an item in room during checkout. The housekeeper found it; the staff notified me while I was returning home; they FedEx'd the item to me that same day. (I'm sure they paid more to ship it than I actually paid for it.) Thank you Homewood. I'll see you next time I'm in Grand Rapids

Mattawan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very nice hotel. I have been there twice in the past year. A visit with my sister Michelle Volk and this visit. Hotel attendants are very friendly. Check in staff this past time was preoccupied. Oveall great experiences!

Hi Maureen J,

Thank you for your kind review. We are so glad that you have enjoyed both of your stays with us while in town visiting your sister. I apologize that our staff seemed preoccupied during check-in. We strive to provide personalized, attentive service at all times. Your comments will be used to help better our staff and service, so thank you!

We look forward to seeing you when you next visit your sister!