“Business Trip”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Homewood suites in Grand Rapids has it all. I was attending a training event in downtown GHrand Rapids. My drive time was less than 20 minutes. The hot breakfast and the evening meals were fantastic. I also took advantage of the pool and business center. Save the money and stay in the burbs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill D
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is the only trip we get in the year so we desire great comfort and we get it at Homewood Suites. This is our second year staying at Homewood and we only wish we had more time at the hotel. We travel for an annual church business meeting so we have no control of the city but both times the quality of the hotel has been very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Outstanding customer service. Manager involved in all aspects of operation. He made himself available to customers and resolved issues that the customers had. One of the best breakfast that I have ever had in a hotel, very fresh and clean. Great beds are very important to me and theirs were outstanding and lot's of pillows. Thank You, from someone who does not usually like hotels.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Homewood Suites in GR is a great place to stay.....convenient to all restaurants and the airport. The breakfast is a good value. The swimming pool and sauna provide a nice respite after a day of either play or business. The fitness room is lacking in size and equipment and would benefit from an upgrade, however if you are determined to exercise and persistent to wait for an open machine (tread mill or eliptical) the equipment was in good working order.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The room(s) are spacious for a small family or less. Having the ability to cook is a huge bonus to me and the kitchen tools available are a nice addition.
Hearing the flushing/showering of my upstairs neighbor was a bit more than I needed, but it wasn't unbearable.
The furniture could use a good steam cleaning :-)
Whatever housekeeping sprayed in the room to disguise any "leftover odors" needs to be cut in half. Was a little strong.
All in all, contrary to above, this is a very nice facility.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the weekend while apartment hunting in Grand Rapids. The room was clean, and had everything I needed for a weekend stay - Microwave, fridge, 2 burner cooktop, kitchen table, sofa, tvs in living room and bedroom. The walls were thin, I could hear the people above me when they ran the shower, flushed the toilet, etc, but not dissimilar to other hotels I have stayed at in this price range and not unexpected for me.

David at the front desk was great- friendly and personable for my whole stay. I checked in about 2 hours earlier than planned on Friday, but my room was ready and I was able to drop off my luggage before heading to appointments. Breakfast was the standard continental fare - eggs, bacon or sausage, breads and muffins,cereal, fruit, oatmeal, waffles. Juice and coffee. Saved me time in the mornings. There's a Starbucks not far away, off 28th and E. Beltline, if you prefer lattes and cappucinos in the AM.

Location was good for me - close to the airport and not far from I-96. My GPS was able to take me to it with no issues. It is hard to see from East Paris and 28th St, as the hotel sits back behind a strip mall.

Would stay here again if I need a hotel in the area, particularly if I need a temp housing solution while waiting for my apartment to be ready for move in. Like the ability to buy my own food and make my own meals on a longer term basis, and the large size of the rooms make it more livable for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Had a room around the back side of the hotel, away from the elevators, and did not have much foot tr...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Was unable to maintain temperature in room, notified front desk several times. No luck. Noise from upper floor, did not allow us to sleep, lodged complaints. Food odor during meals could be smelled in all hallways & in room, was not pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ramy A
GrandRapidsHWS_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Hello Ramy A,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if you were inconvenienced by noises from the upper floor and if you had any troubles with your heating unit in your room. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again