“Close to.airport and Suite was good for a business travel on budget.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge & Suites

Econo Lodge & Suites
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Tucson
“Close to.airport and Suite was good for a business travel on budget.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Local meeting host recommended based on low price.
The suite was nice and quiet unless someone walked.down the hall or on the floor above. Wireless free and strong. Bed good.
Breakfast marginal with few options but free. Coffee was weak.
No exercise room but open space to walk.
Service and room what you expect for the brand.
Advise 2nd floor.room.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This small hotel is a great spot in an excellent location. The hotel is less than a mile from the highway and 28th st. Just minutes away from everything you need.
The lobby was so beautiful and comfortable. I couldn't get over how clean it was. You could tell it was family run and they take great pride in this hotel. Everyone I met was so friendly and smiled.
The continental breakfast was good, it had all the essentials. Just wish they would have a few more Gluten free options.
Great price if you book online.

I would recommend this very clean hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Maggie40Z
Howard City, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge Thurs-Sat. Very impressed with the quality of service! Rooms were very clean-I even looked in the corners-EXCEPTIONAL! The staff seemed to be a family, very helpful and friendly. The cheapest place in town but better service than most! Free breakfast in the morning, hot waffles,yogurt,fruit, breads/bagels/muffins and cereal, milk,coffee,juice. Service with a smile! I would stay here again and I will encourage others to stay here also. Thank you for making our girls weekend out exceptional!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ginny P
Genesee, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Econo Lodge & Suites served its purpose! My daughter and I wanted to visit for a couple of days and wanted a place that we could get a good nights sleep and not have to pay a fortune for it! We arrived at the Suite put our bags down, changed clothes and off wewent sit-seeing! We returned after a long day to sit on a comfortable couch to watch television then retired for the evening. The next morning we had a light breakfast from the continential bar, got ready, packed our bags and off we went touring again!
The accomadations weren't fancy but the service was nice and they were very friendly. The rooms were clean. The tub needs some updating but we didn't take a shower, just washed up, so it didnt effect my happiness at all.
My daughter and I both agreed that if that was all we were going to do that we would visit again. Excellent price for a suite. I am glad that I got the bed though, never thought too much of pull out sofas!
Very nice stay, thank you to the staff at Econo Lodge & Suites in Grand Rapids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ludington, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have now stayed at this Econo Lodge four times as it is a five minute drive to the Kent International Airport. The owner, Vick Patel, tries his best to run an efficient and clean place. I needed a ride late one night back from the airport during a horrible snow storm and he was there to pick me up within 10 minutes of my phone call. Natoya Carrillo, one of his employees, was also very accommodating when we requested a room change on another visit. The breakfast is pretty simple but who cares when what you need most is someone reliable to drive you back and forth efficiently to the Airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank andyg_15
BoyneCity, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had scoped this place out thinking I was going to try it out on my return trip before driving home in the wee hours of the morning. But the horrible weather coming set me on my travels 12 hours earlier and I needed a place to stay before I caught the train in the morning. The price was right and the reviews were mostly very good. People, be honest when writing reviews people like myself count on your truthfulness and use it in selecting places to stay. I had no difficulties finding this hotel. The gal at the desk was quiet until I started asking questions and warmed right up to me. She helped me with breakfast foods at check in knowing I would be gone when they served breakfast at 7:30 am, seems a little late for travelers like me but no worries. My first impression of the room was wow so big. It was like a mini apartment, it had a living room, dressing area/kitchen bedroom and bathroom. First problem the toilet seat. It looked like it had been under water cause it was ALL bumpy and had spots of exposed seat material compressed wood showing, disgusting. This I mentioned at check out. She said she would tell the manager. Everything seemed clean. The towels were very worn and a bit dingy. Ok time to sleep, the bed was pretty comfortable not a Marriott though, the three pillows on the bed were all different types I guess you get to pick which one best fits your comfort. I didn't find one that worked so great. The hotel is located next to a freeway and I asked if I could be on the opposite side, wrong choice! There's a restaurant bar on that side with a very large parking lot that was filled to the max with cars. Mind you this was a Saturday night. They played loud music until 2 in the morning and I could hear it in my hotel room despite the wicked wind from the storm on top of it.I didn't get much sleep. Not the hotels fault, right. Before I arrived at the hotel I was going to grab a pair of ear plugs which I had forgotten to pack and didn't, I should have. There's a Meijer's around the corner. With this review I'm not sure I'm spending my return trip here. It's on a Tuesday so probably no party going on at the bar and will check my room out first before I settle in, if I go back. Overall considering the issues it was a decent place to stay and in a safe area.

Room Tip: This road is right off 28th street which has a huge amount of hotels on it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank boynegirl2400
saugatuck
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Recommend this to anyone who just needs space and peace. I especially reccomend the King Suite. Although there is no pool, we enjoyed our stay here. Breakfast was decent...according to the price. I can understand the breakfast situation becuz of the hotel corporation status is not as high as other hotels like Holiday Inn. The manager was polite enough to let my friends and family visit where unlike other hotels, other people are not allowed in the hotel unless hotel guests. At the end of my stay, during checkout, this lady gave me a razor as a complimentary gift.

Room Tip: King Suite
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple