“If you love urban decay, you will love this little gem.”

Travelodge Grand Rapids
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Hillsdale
“If you love urban decay, you will love this little gem.”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Nestled un-idyllically in an urban wasteland reminiscent of some classic Mad Max movie, is the Travel Lodge of Grand Rapids. As we drove through the trash-encrusted parking lot, we took note of the Ramada Hotel sign, haphazardly leaning against a shack next to the back of the building. Already in awe of this classy establishment, we took our room key and made our way down hallways that were absolutely reeking with a smell that reminded me of a cross between a rank armpit and bread mold. The thrill didn’t end there as we entered our room and discovered one shower towel in our bathroom that I guess we were supposed to share, although my fiancée can be a tad bit greedy when it comes to either drying her hair or my bottom. Finally in an effort to relax we decided to go to the indoor pool, which looks out through a large window right in front of the parking lot. The deepest the pool went was four feet, so perfect for children, not so for normal sized adults. Deciding that we didn’t need to get wet up to your kneecaps, we retired to our room, where the frequent harsh slamming of doors and various wall poundings, punctuated our evening with their sweet song. Personally I would have loved the place, if I suffered from delusions, was blind and had lost my sense of smell.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laqudis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
LANSING
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel has everything the top end ones have but for half the price. The pool was clean and nice n warm and the breakfast was good. One of employees also was nice enough to give our son a travelodge bear for him to have.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Midland, Michigan
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is my second stay at this Travelodge as it is close to getting off highway and not too far away from downtown. The queen room was neat and clean and the bed was so comfortable. I had a good night's rest. Breakfast was average, nothing special. This stay I was not able to take coffee and breakfast to room as I had before. They had a sign posted that you could not do, so I had to stay in the breakfast area by myself. As mentioned by other viewers the neighborhood did seem a little rough around the edges, and the Travelodge does sits way back from the road. I would have liked a second floor room but wasn't offered one so I felt a little uneasy at first since I didn't arrive from Chicago area until almost midnight.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#27 of 48 in Grand Rapids
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites

Been to Travelodge Grand Rapids? Share your experiences!