“My stay was very pleasurable.”

Travelodge Grand Rapids
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Midland, Michigan
“My stay was very pleasurable.”
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Hotel office/lobby was very neat and clean and owner very personable and friendly. Hallways very neat and clean. Room was also very neat and clean and had bathroom amenities.....razor and pkt of coupons and trial size gems. Beds were very firm and comfortable and made no noise. Room also include a small refrigerator and also a safe. My daughter and I slept well and enjoyed our stay. Complimentary continental breakfast was very good. Hotel is also very close to Hwy 131 and only took between 5 and 10 mins to get to Van Andel Arena for our concert. Travelodge sits back off of 28th Street so it is very quiet in rooms, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor with private terrace.. Room 203
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I came to Grand Rapids for a conference at a downtown Hotel. This Travelodge was 5 minutes away and half the price, It was in good shape and very clean for a budget hotl. The staff recommended a shop to fix the transmission on my truck that went out. (The Muffler Man) Also got to see Lady Gaga while I was here. Would definitely stay here again when I travel ro Grand Rapids in the future

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dob2do
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 18, 2010

We found the hotel clean and adequate. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Travelodge Grand Rapids was built in 1980 and the last renovation was in 1995. That is noticeable. Walls are thin and you hear the neighbours. The location is not the best part of town. You clearly see that when you take Bus 1 that runs to the centre every half hour. Rooms have a fridge, ironing board and iron, a safe and free Wi-Fi internet. The hotel has an indoor pool and fitness room. Complementary breakfast is offered. The hotel has a very good price quality ratio.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank MrsPiket
OH
Reviewed February 24, 2010

We found the motel to be very clean. The location is not unsafe, just not the best. The rooms have a small fridge, ironing board and iron, a safe, a wall hair dryer, alot for the money. The breakfast was very nice. Had all the basics plus a belguim waffle maker with fresh batter to make your own, included was fresh fruit. We were very satisfied.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
dallas
Reviewed December 23, 2009

The hotel was very clean and spotless. I will definitely be staying here the next time I come to grand rapids. Check-in was very quick and easy; staff was polite and efficient. The hotel staff was very polite and helpful

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Reviewed March 14, 2009

My daughter and I stayed here because we were in town for a concert at Van Andel Arena and didn't want to travel the 1 1/2 hours back home late at night. I booked the room based on the price and proximity to downtown. The neighborhood didn't seem completely safe. The room was small but clean. The heat/airconditioner was hard to regulate. Either it was on, and we were sweltering, or if we turned it off it got chilly in the room. Around dinnertime, there was a strong smell of spicy food in the hallways, yet there's not attached restaurant? I woke up at 2 a.m. to a couple arguing, I think downstairs? It went on for quite a while until I relented and put in earplugs that I had brought to wear to the concert. The staff was very friendly. The pool was clean, and a good temperature. The continental breakfast was pretty sparse. Although we did not have a bad experience, I still probably would not recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
detroit,MI
Reviewed March 5, 2009

the rooms are clean but the door has a huge gap so we could hear everything and see directly in to the hall. The gap was around 1 inch. I will post pictures later. It does not shut all the way either so any one can push it open it it is not snug. The staff was nice but the people that stayed here are skanks. was here for a teacher conference and I felt very unsafe here. We were going to use the pool and we saw a man and woman having sex in the pool. Ewww. The exercise machines are very old. Here it is 430 am and I am sill awake as it is so loud here. It is like a constant party. It is Thursday night.When we arrived the room was around 40 degrees they did not even have the heat on in the room. It has individual noisy heaters. This place is not good...

I

Sleep Inn & Suites
#28 of 49 in Grand Rapids
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites

Been to Travelodge Grand Rapids? Share your experiences!