All reviews van andel arena great location valet parking directly across the street walking distance sky walk jw marriott restaurants and bars front desk staff art prize nice room nice property clean hotel enjoyed my stay wonderful stay up to date king suite
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

Clean, contemporary room with lots of space due having suite. Keurig to make coffee, lots of pillows, great River view, best part was the bar/restaurant in lobby. Outstanding waitress who almost went to Dierks Bentley concert with us! Sang us a couple if his songs even! Local beers on tap plus best Farmers breakfast bowl I have ever had.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2019

It is near everything basically and the walk is 10 minutes max to wherever you wanna go downtown. The room is outstanding, but the building, hallways, and public areas should be updated like the rooms. I expected to be more in awe than I was for the price.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

After staying at the Marriott in Dublin Ohio I have to say I was pretty disappointed with this one. The one elevator wouldn't work, which was not a huge deal but it seems like we could of been discounted for it somehow. The room had a few marks of wear by the bathroom door (Room 419). The shower door leaked at the bottom. My husband got me a few things from the human vending area, one of which was a bag of Sunchips that was dated back in Feb. Lastly it looked like there was a photo missing above the TV on the wall. If not, they need to be spaced out differently.

Now the good. Each employee was very friendly. It was nice to have a Keurig in the bathroom! The beds were comfortable. The parking price of $20 for overnight was a great deal (this I would of thought for instance could of been free with the elevator deal). All around not a bad motel but could use a few touch ups.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2019

This is a great place to stay in downtown Grand Rapids. They always have deals on the internet so we have never paid full price. This hotel has a lot of activity happening around it and is just an awesome place to stay when visiting Grand Rapids. I cannot say enough about their security, especially Corey. Corey greets you by the front door in the evening and is always up to give you advice about things to eat and visit. The hotel staff here is awesome.

Date of stay: February 2019
ChristiV28, Sales and Events Coordinator at Courtyard Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

DJ,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your feedback and love hearing about our team being dedicated to our guests having the best experience possible. Thank you for specifically mentioning Corey. We look forward to appreciating him for his continual exceptional guest service.

At Your Service,

Christi
Sales and Events Coordinator

Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

The location is great. I usually walk to a variety of local places for dinner. The rooms are consistently good quality.

On my first day, one of their two Otis elevators was under repair and inoperable. It took a very long time for the elevator. Today when I checked out, I arrived at the elevator to a sign indicating that both of their elevators are out.

I don't know how long they are inoperable but wow! Sure, I could ask for assistance with my luggage but that was an unusual surprise and one I have never experienced at a Marriott. I felt badly for the front desk agents who will likely bear the brunt of what appears to be either neglectful maintenance or a trifecta of bad luck.

The best surprise at the hotel is the restaurant. I have stayed here before and expected to wait a long time in a Courtyard restatement that has been understaffed more than once but not now. They were quick with my food and attentive with their service. Sue - great job as my server. There is a positive vibe here with the staff. I can tell they have a good time at work and that means a lot. As guests we can pick up on that vibe thing right away. Kudos to you guys on the restaurant!!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
ChristiV28, Sales and Events Coordinator at Courtyard Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Curt! We appreciate your review of not only our facilities but also our staff and restaurant. Sue is phenomenal and we will be sure to share your feedback with her and the rest of the staff. We truly apologize for the elevators being under repair and are working hard to address the work needed. We hope to provide you with our "good vibe" atmosphere in the future. Thank you for choosing the Downtown Courtyard by Marriott and we look forward to hosting you again in the future!

At Your Service,