All reviewsvan andel arenagreat locationbistro restaurantvalet parkingwithin walking distancedirectly across the streetself parkper dayrestaurants and barsjw marriottvalet servicefront desk staffart prizeenjoyed my staynice roomhot tubup to date
Reviewed November 13, 2017

This is my second stay for business at Spectrum. Best value if you are visiting during the fantastic Art Prize. You can visit the exhibits on the ground level or connect to other hotels and the conventions center via air-conditioned cat walks where more exhibits/candidates are on display. Staff was friendly and efficient during both stays. Thanks for the USA Today as I understand this is no longer a Courtyard standard.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Our family stayed at this wonderful hotel in downtown Grand Rapids, so that we could visit the Public Museum, Meijer Gardens, and the restaurant called The Bob. Great experience, clean room, friendly service! The location is perfect for site seeing!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

Great stay at Courtyard Downtown Grand Rapids, Mi. Friendly staff, clean rooms, in the heart of the downtown events. Easy to get to and then able to walk to all venues, such as VanAndel , The B.O.B...

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris Y
Reviewed October 30, 2017

The hotel is a lovely place, very clean and great location but if you are thinking of planning a wedding stay look elsewhere. The events planner is totally incompetent from a guest standpoint. Our reservations were totally confused upon arrival and when leaving our bill was such a mess it had to be emailed to us, we hope it will be correct, yet to see it.

There was no complementary Coffee, tea or water is the lobby for a guest while checking in, and since check in and check out takes so long it would have made the process a bit more pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Tracy356, Manager at Courtyard Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Dear Deborah P-

Thank you for your compliments of our hotel and rooms. We apologize you experienced issues with your booking. Would you mind sending us a direct message with your room number, date(s) of your stay and details of what the issue was? We would like to look into your experience further.

At your service,
Tracy

Reviewed October 30, 2017

The location, cleanliness and comfort of the room are excellent. House keeping is excellent as well but everything else is a total failure. Our booking was a nightmare from day one, we had to deal with the events planner as we were part of a wedding group rate and I have never seen such incompetence in my life. We were using points for a couple of days and paying for a couple of days, When we checked in the reservation were a total mess. When I checked out our bill was such a mess the front desk had to email me my receipt so I am still not sure if it is correct.

There was no coffee or tea or cold water in the Lobby. It has been a while since I have stayed in a Courtyard but I always remember at least having Tea or Coffee in the lobby of most hotels. No redeeming value to this room.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family