“Absolutely perfect”

Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
SD
“Absolutely perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I got one of the last 2 rooms available the night I stayed - I needed to get out of the heat and humidity after a 3 hour drive from Northern Michigan. I arrived and was greeted by Eric who took the suitcases, took care of valet parking the vehicle, and was so accommodating to me, I felt like I had been there before. The hotel had wedding parties, bachelor parties, and bachelorette parties that evening and I heard nothing. The staff was pretty well stretched, but not one of them ever let it show. They were all polite, offering to help, and with smiles that showed such pride in their work. Courtyard should be very proud of these folks. Then I received a thank you for staying darn near before I checked out. What a nice feeling.

Room Tip: I paid premium for this room - located on the 4th floor and faced the street - still no noise, and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Carrie S, Manager at Courtyard Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for stopping in to stay with us, and for sharing this wonderful review! The experience you recounted is what the hospitality business is all about - providing a welcoming oasis where guests can rejuvenate. I am so glad that our friendly staff made you feel so at home, and home that you will visit us again when you are next in Grand Rapids.

C. Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

$19 to park. + $200 per night for a Courtyard? Nice, but way overpriced. "Restaurant" is a mini Starbucks with poor breakfast options. Not worth the $$$$.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I would NEVER recommend this hotel! We reserved 2 rooms and didn't get the keys for the second one until 5 hours after we checked in. I can count on ONE hand of how many friendly staff members they have & the rest we're rude! I have never had such a bad experience in my life and because of this trip I will never stay at another Courtyard in my life!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Carrie S, Manager at Courtyard Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and for sharing this important feedback with us. We are looking into this important matter and would like to know more about how you received your keys so late and how you were treated by our staff. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service, and want to fix anything that may have went wrong to create this negative experience for you. Please contact our Guest Services Manager, Alexis Baker, directly at 616-242-6625 to discuss this further.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and we hope to have you back again at the Courtyard by Marriott.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Spent 1 night before taking a flight back home. Location is very good, walking distance to restaurants and bars. Rooms were nice and modern. Up to expectations for a Courtyard. Staff at the front desk were ok, and parking was affordable.

I would stay there again on my next trip in the region.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Carrie S, Manager at Courtyard Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Grand Rapids, and for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We're glad you appreciated the convenient location of the hotel and our updated rooms. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the city again!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I travel a lot and spend a lot of time at a lot of Courtyards and this one was top notch! Great location in Grand Rapids. Initially I was put in a handicapped room and when I requested something else they put me in a king suite which was magnificent. Really enjoyed it!

Only negative is I tried to print my boarding pass in the lobby pc's, they are not working well and need some attention.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, Mi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

We recently stayed her for 2 weekends a month apart for volleyball tournaments at DeVos Center. Hotel was sold out on both our stays. Our 1st stay we had a room on the 7th floor which was wonderful, King with pull out sofa bed...faced the street but you didn't hear the noise. Great air circulation in the room. Clean well stocked bathroom. mini-fridge in room. We used valet parking which was only $2 more than self. Had breakfast 1 morning downstairs which was very good and reasonably priced and only a short wait.
Our 2nd stay we were on the 3rd floor and I'll be honest, if this had been our 1st stay we probably wouldn't have returned. As soon as you get off the elevator the smell hits you...mildew and chlorine (pool is 1 floor down). Had the worst time trying to sleep, we all woke up with headaches...said something when we were checking out to the young oriental lady behind the desk...she was not interested in anything we had to say , in fact she was quite rude....so moral of the story ... if you stay here get a room above the 3rd floor (the higher the better)

Room Tip: The higher the better to avoid the chlorine and mildew smell from the pool
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank elphie1162
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is very nice downtown Courtyard with all of the amenities. It has a great fitness center that has everything that you will need to do your workout. There is a nice area to grab breakfast, lunch or dinner; however, I didn't use the restaurant as I would rather get out to try a local place.

The rooms are nice with everything you will need to take care of business. Wireless internet was very good as I had not issues that whole time. The only issue I had was that I was on the street side by the B.O.B restaurant and Wednesday evening is bike night at the B.O.B. It was rather noisy for quite awhile as the bikes were up and down the streets. This is no fault of the Courtyard, but just be prepared if your looking for a quiet night in your room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Courtyard Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience! We are glad you had a chance to use our fitness center and appreciated The Bistro available downstairs. We look forward to seeing you again soon when business brings you back to Grand Rapids!