Our flight was delayed, so we checked in after midnight. The check in clerk had been asleep but the check in when smooth with no problems. I had reserved the king bed, queen bed and sofa for our stay in the hotel. Upon entering the suite there was a problem locating the proper light switch. Since it was dark both outside and inside there was no light to see where the light switch was. There were two sliding switches which controlled the ceiling fan speed, but the slider for the light was not operable. Someone had used another switch for the light. The living room and kitchen area was nice. There is a full kitchen. Entering the lower bedroom revealed the king bed. There is also a small desk in the room. The interior was somewhat awkward. The light switch for the only light was about 5 feet to the right of the door. So, entering a dark room would cause you to fumble for the light switch. The only light is a hanging lamp, to the right of the bed, and is approximately 3 feet back behind the desk chair. If you were on the right side of the bed, and got up during the night, you likely would bang your head on the light. the height of the hanging light is about 5 foot from the floor. The king bedroom has its own bathroom, there is no other bathroom on the first floor. There were a sofa and two chairs, and a fireplace in the living room. Upstairs has a loft, where the queen bed is. There is a full bath upstairs. Missing from the master bedroom was the TV. I informed the front desk that the TV in the king bedroom was missing, I also informed them that the mirrored doors for the closet was off the track and needed repair. Other than the few short falls, the bed slept comfortable. The breakfast ends promptly at 0930 am so don't be late. The breakfast was the typical scrambled eggs and corned beef hash. It was good. Despite the short falls, the visit was average to good. I probably would stay there again but in another part of the complex. The road traffic was loud in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended stay property, offers a free breakfast every morning and a free dinner Monday thru Thursday! Pet friendly! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Grand Rapids, MI reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatehouse Suites Grand Rapids East Hotel Grand Rapids
- Residence Inn Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Residence Inn