Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Grand Rapids, MI
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Comfort Inn Airport(Grand Rapids)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenextended stayresidence innliving areaoutdoor poolwoodland mallvery nice place to stayhome away from homewafflesfree breakfastfireplacejacobroomygr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We visited Gatehouse Suites for a convention. We had 25 people staying onsite and when we arrived I was a bit put off by the rundown exterior. However, upon entry of our room I was pleasantly suprised by the cleanliness of the room. I usually wear stockings on my feet when staying in hotels and nearly every hotel leaves my socks dirty. My socks did not look soiled after walking around the room all day! While the furnishings and decor may be a little dated our stay was fantastic. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us from bring us an air mattress, as we had more people than there were beds, to allowing all of us to use their breakfast room on two occasions for gatherings. I travel to Grand Rapids a couple of times a year on business and I will definitely make Gatehouse Suites my hotel of choice. Way to go!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
GatehouseSuitesGR, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Grand Rapids, MI, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

We are thrilled to hear about your enjoyable stay while in Grand Rapids! We have an excellent housekeeping staff who work very hard to keep our rooms clean and comfortable. We hope to have you as our guest again and appreciate you feedback!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the Gatehouse Suites in Grand Rapids. I was very pleased with my stay. The hotel and room were very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. If i ever need accommodations in this area again I will choose the Gatehouse again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
GatehouseSuitesGR, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Grand Rapids, MI, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with other travelers. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

The help at the desk were wonderful. The service throughout our stay was wonderful. The food was great. What more can I say? The price was great. If we needed something done they immediately saw to our needs.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide Trip Advisor with feedback from your recent stay in Grand Rapids. On behalf of the entire staff I would like to say thank you! We take great pride in providing you with any information you need along with clean and comfortable accommodations! We hope you had a great time at the convention and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We were able to get away for a week to visit our daughter and stayed at the Gatehouse suites. Very nice accommodations. Staff was great ...friendly and gave us lots of ideas and directions for stuff to do. Continental breakfast was served early each morning so we could get in and get on with our day. Their location was great...next to the mall, and right on the corner of 28th and East Beltline so we could get where we needed quickly. Loved the kitchen in the room, and using the pool to cool off in the evening. We will definitely stay there the next time we visit Grand Rapids.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay! We appreciate the feedback that you shared regarding how much you enjoyed our breakfast, convenient location, pool, and full kitchens! We love to make our guests feel right at home! We look forward to serving you in the near future!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My room was clean and comfortable, but the place has a bit of a run down feel. The grounds are not being taken care of, the fencing is starting to fall apart and the wooden stairways are in need of repair. The tub never drained after a quick shower, and the front door didn't close right. Hopefully the new owner will fix things up a bit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to constantly improve on our levels of service and accommodations. We are glad you enjoyed your clean comfortable room during your stay!