“Food, abiance, and service!”
Review of Great Lakes Shipping Co. - CLOSED

Great Lakes Shipping Co.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My husband and I enjoy getting out to restaurants that offer something other than the usual so we were pleasantly surprised to find that Great Lakes Shipping offers unique menu items along with great service and the ambiance of the building is truly delightful. The salad bar itself is worth the trip!! Try one of their specials and treat yourself to a delicious, well-planned meal. They also have a very good selection of wines.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

A true old school steakhouse..have never had anything there I didn't like. Love the fireplaces at each table. Great service, dependable. Clean, well stocked salad bar. I can't figure out how any body could rate this so low...this restaurant has been in Grand Rapids for years and is a landmark sort of place. Even though I live in FL now, it's the one place I will drive over an hour to get to. This is the one thing I miss about not living in Grand Rapids anymore. Prices are fair for the quality, too

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Dependable describes Great Lakes Shipping. You can be confident that your evening will be enjoyable, the food delicious, the service smooth and friendly. Their salad bar was one of the first and remains the best with an excellent selection of toppings that are fresh, clean, cold and delicious. I had the seafood special of the day, a breaded red snapper served Oscar style with crab meat, Bearnaise sauce and asparagus. It was prepared perfectly and presented beautifully. My wife went with their signature prime rib prepared exactly as she requested. You just can't go wrong here which is why it has been around so long and will likely be around for many more years to come.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

PRIME RIB....do I need to say more. This is an old school place...I had my prom dinner hear 15 years ago (not sure whose idea that was). You don't have to be overly dressed, jeans are fine. I don't go here for the atmosphere, I go here everytime I want prime rib. Also google or check out your Entertainment Coupon Book for a BOGO coupon up to $25.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

The food is ok but uninteresting, and the ambience is dark and dreary. Have eaten there a few times, but don't think it's worth the money.