I've stayed here multiple times simply because it is the best hotel in the Cascade area of Grand Rapids. But "best" means two stars at best - which yes really says something about the Courtyard and such down the street. At least this time the internet worked fairly well, which is a huge improvement over my last stay. But this property still desperately needs a couple million of improvement to take it to three stars. Beds are ok, but decor is seriously from the 80s, any bathroom where you have to almost step over the toilet to get out of the shower doesn't merit more than two stars, the bathroom door was broken, tiles and molding are chipped, hallways are dark and smell stale. The lounge and restaurant are definitely out of the 80s. Drinks were bad, $11 for a plastic bowl and some Cheerios is nuts, coffee was the worst I've tasted in years. Thank God for Starbucks and Panera Bread down the street. This property is a serious drag on the Crowne Plaza brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cascade Township, our property features 320 newly renovated guest rooms, 21,000 sq. feet of meeting facilities, indoor/outdoor swimming pool, gym, sauna, restaurant and lounge, and free WI-FI. Conveniently close to the the Gerald R. Ford airport with access to a free airport shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport) Hotel Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Crowne Plaza