Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Comfort Inn Airport(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$89
Courtyard
$214
$201
  • Pool
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
$267
$224
  • Pool
$86
$81
CityFlatsHotel(Grand Rapids)
$165
  • Restaurant
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$84
Hotels.com
$149
$127
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$63
SleepInn
All reviewsthe pearl street grillford museumroad noisewithin walking distancepublic museumacross the riverbars and restaurantssmall bathroomlobby barconvenient locationroom was clean and comfortableart prizepool and hot tubchecking invan andel arenadefinitely stay here againparking lot
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Standard US business hotel but not as good as you would expect due to poor location. Placed very close to a major freeway the sound insulation on the windows is no where near adiquate enough and result in two nights disturbed sleep.........even with ear plugs.

Also one of the two lifts was out of operation for both days of the stay which mean faily long waits.

Room Tip: As far away from the freeway as possible.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ruth B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear MrB61,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed March 30, 2012

A group (12) of us stayed for two nights during the Annual Laugh Fest in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We stayed at the hotel last year and decided that was the best location for us. The hotel itself is very nice, they have free parking and a door man who was very friendly. The front desk staff was very accommodating to us, extra towels, refrigerators in our rooms, and I requested our rooms be close to each other and they were. This hotel is close to many attractions downtown and convenient to all the highways.

My only complaint was the service at the hotel restaurant in the evening. We had eaten breakfast there last year and had no problems, quick service, good food. However, when we went for dinner on the night of our arrival, we were there for one and a half hours. Very slow service, and there was only one other table of two and the four of us in the whole place. Food was ok, not the greatest. So my advice would be to go eat at one of the hundreds of restaurants downtown and forget the hotel restaurant until breakfast the next morning.

Room Tip: No tips, you either get a view of the parking lot or the main street out front.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RedWingsRock
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Holiday Inn has been totally renovated & tastefully so along with good service, indoor pool and free parking. Location is perferct, directly across from Ford Presidential Library & Public Museum and on the Grand River, 2 blocks from main shopping area, convention arena and some 50 resturants as well as the Art Museum and Van Andel Arena.
Excellent price in comparison with the other hotels downtown. A good location and even better price....a pleasant stay would be ensured.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed one night in March while in town for the Laughfest. Location is great, within walking distance of everything downtown and right across from the museum. Check in was very fast and parking is free. We did not use the pool or fitness center but they do have them. The room was nice sized and the beds, pillows and bedding was very comfortable. There was a large size refrigerator but no microwave. Would definitely stay again for any Grand Rapids event.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in January for a work trip. I booked this hotel because the website advertied the rooms had safes, a microwave, and a fridge. When I arrived in my room, there wasn't any of these things. I went to the front desk and inquired about them and was told that they are only in the suites and I would have to pay extra to upgrade. I said that the website advertises these items and the staff said that the website says "some" of the rooms have these items. Annoying. The hotel was fairly empty and I was irritated that they did not upgrade me for free based on the confusion.

I asked for a quiet room on a high floor, so my room faced away from the busy streets and towards the museum next door. The hotel is right off a main highway, I-196. I am a very light sleeper and could hear clearly the road noise, even with ear plugs and a sound machine. There doesn't appear to be a "quietest" side of the hotel. The walls were also very thin. There was a sick man staying in the room next to me and I hear him hacking literally all night long. I could also hear him use the bathroom. Not pleasant.

Overall, the staff was nice and the restaurant was pretty good, especially the wait staff. I wouldn't stay here again, though.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business