WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites

BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Curaçao
“good Hotel overall if issues are corrected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Hotel is nicely located with plenty of restaurants around. Beds are ok. The breakfast nice as usual for BW hotels. Friendly check in staff. The bedsheets were not changed after the guest before us left, when going to bed and opening the sheets we found human hair (fr legs etc) between the sheets. After calling the front desk fresh sheets were brought, but we had to change them ourself. The parking space in front of our room was blocked by a big semi, blocking 12 spaces. There were bottle caps on the desk and under the desk, which left us to think the room was not cleaned. With these flaws gone this is an excellent hotel.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rachael L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention! It is never acceptable for the bed sheets not to be changed in between guests. Never. I have new housekeepers here, and we mark the sheets before they change them to see if they are changing the sheets each time. This is a program that we do with new housekeepers to ensure that they are changing all of the sheets. We have reinstated this program with the new housekeepers in order to ensure that this does not happen to another guest. I am so sorry that this happened to you. My housekeeping manager and I are working to keep them understanding the importance of changing every linen, every time.
I appreciate your comments because they help us to know what is going on in the hotel and what needs to be done to improve it. I would love to have you stay with us again next time you are in Grand Rapids. Please give me a call personally and I would love to help you.
Best Travels to You!
-Cyrena Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Newport, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I return to this hotel for a reason whenever I go to Grand Rapids. The service is great, the rooms are clean and pleasant, and I never feel scared there. The breakfast is not really as good as it used to be but it is still very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank Luvsdsea
Rachael L, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great review! We love when our guests are happy, and I am glad to see that you had a wonderful time at our hotel. If you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to call us at 616-949-8400.
Bath, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been on business trips many times over the past year and a half when in Grand Rapids and find this staff to be the most friendly and courteous that I have ever seen in any motel that I have stayed in the United States.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Mark E
Rachael L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Mark,
You are awesome! We LOVE having you here! When I came back as a General Manager, I was so glad to see you were still staying. All of my staff know you and enjoy having you stay with us while you are in Grand Rapids. You are in our list of top favorite guests (sorry everyone else, haha)! Thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to review our property! I don't know if I told you or not, but Best Western Rewards members who post reviews on Trip Advisor get 500 bonus points from my property. Thank you for being a member and for being our guest. You will see your points on your account today. You rock!
See you soon!
-Cyrena
Saint Clair, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very welcoming desk and lobby with a very warm receptionist. Room had been upgraded to a suite at no additional cost and was very comfortable. Close to expressways and local attractions. Very well insulated or very quiet guests or both, for it was a very pleasant stay, and very quiet.

Dear Michael K,
Thank you so much for staying at our Best Western Hotel! Thank you also for the great online review. I love to hear that my guests are having a great stay. If you ever come back to Grand Rapids, please do not hesitate to call us while you are here. We would be grateful to have you stay with us again! Also, I looked it up and I see that you are a Best Western Rewards Member, so please look for your bonus points today on your account for sharing a review with our guests.
Happy Travels,
Waukegan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

The bed was great. The room was clean. The pool is large as is the hot tub. Brann's next door was great to eat and watch sports. Breakfast is a normal good hotel breakfast. Too few tables though to sit down and eat on the weekend. I would definitely stay again. The hotel was very quiet.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My family was in town for the day. James (manager) was very friendly over the phone and when we arrived.
We're looking forward to staying there again. We also booked an additional room. The king suite is great for a family ( plenty of room) with 2 TV's and bathrooms.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Best_Western_23161, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Joy,
Thank you for your review of our property. We try our best to ensure that guests each day are receiving the best in customer care. I am happy to hear that you had a great time at our hotel and that James helped you during your stay. I would love to have you come back next time you stay in Grand Rapids. Please call us any time that you need something here in town.
Wishing you great travels,
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when I first moved to Grand Rapids and didn't have a place to live. I was here for a couple of weeks.
I can only say positive things about this place. The staff was wonderful-- friendly and helpful. The rooms were good. Nothing extraordinary but clean and modern.
This room was booked through Hotwire, and in my review, I told them it was better than the 2.5 stars they were given.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Best_Western_23161, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Rick M,
Thank you for your review of my hotel. I am excited that you took the time to let everyone know what a great time that you had at our property. If you need a getaway, come back and see us. We would love to have you!
Best Travels,