“Short business trip”

Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel is very conveniently located just off the Interstate. The staff was helpful. Breakfast was hot and had good variety. Indoor pool and hot tub were well-maintained. Kids loved it. Great value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Rachael L, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for your review! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We take great pride in our pool, seeing as it is the largest in the area, and I'm glad that your kids loved it.
We hope to see you again if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I both had to work the next day after attending a Thursday night concert. This hotel was picked as it was close to I -96. It exceeded my expectations for friendliness and comfort. The breakfast included eggs, bacon, and made to order waffles. Great value for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rachael L, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Metalmom21

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property! My staff is the best when it comes to customer service and making our guests feel welcome. I think a lot of people do not realize how close we actually are to downtown Grand Rapids without having to pay the price of a downtown hotel. I hope that the next time you are in the Grand Rapids area you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

As always with our stays at Best Western (why we keep coming back!) - clean, friendly, welcoming. Only one thing . . . no coffee in the lobby both times I went up, but front dest was extremely busy, so no worries! Would definitely use this location again if in area!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Rachael L, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Karen K,

On behalf of our entire staff here at Best Western I would like to thank you for your kind words about our hotel and your continued business. I'm sorry to hear that when you came down to the lobby coffee was not available. Sometimes in the hustle of the front desk our staff can't get to the coffee right away, but as soon as things slow down they are able to get it prepared for our guests. We definitely hope to see you back the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We took our children for a night away and gad a good time. For the price it was a great deal. Included a pretty good breakfast. There were a lot of kids running around and they were loud in the halls and at breakfast. Staff were friendly. Rooms were nice. Pool was too cold but hot tub was too hot. We liked that we could walk accross the parking lot for dinner at Brann's. We would return for the price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Rachael L, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Olive1966,

It's so nice to get out every now and then and I'm glad you choose Best Western for your night away. We have an ideal location being right next door to Brann's, and with the area's largest indoor pool we always have families coming to stay. I do hope that the next time you need a night away you will stay with us again.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

After several hours of traveling, we arrived at the hotel before check-in time. The staff graciously let us check in early, and I was told that I was the, "Best Guest, of the Day!", that really made my day!! Our room was upgraded to a suite, which my husband and I both appreciated, along with room service for our breakfast, a V.I.P bag, and additional reward points! Our room was vey clean, with the bed very comfortable and the bathrooms in great condition. We did find the heating unit to be a little loud, other than that, no complaints. Upon going to our room, we were blessed with one of the employees helping us with all of our luggage, the young man told us that he had recently started employment there, and was very nice. Our stay was very good, and we found all hotel staff very helpful and eager to assist. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were very pleased with our room, other than a kinda of loud heating unit, we experienced no probl...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Regenia L

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you got to be our Guest of the Day! It's so great that we are able to treat our Best Western Rewards members and give them a little extra to show them that we appreciate their loyalty. If you are ever in the Grand Rapids area again we would love for you to stay with us! Who knows, you may be chosen as Guest of the Day again!?

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I came to this hotel as a distressed passenger (got the low rate as promised by American Airlines, when my flight failed to take off due to bad weather), and I was exhausted and in a bad mood. The registration staff lifted my spirits up by being, nice, quick and understanding.They were kind, knowledgeable about dining options, and just...helpful. Their whole attitude was one of genuine friendliness, and there was something about this place that was just perfect. Also, reasonably good breakfast, clean rooms and good location. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Debjani C.

With Michigan weather being so unpredictable we try to be as accommodating for our air travelers as possible. We pride ourselves with having excellent customer service and I'm glad that we were able to help you during your stay. If you are ever in the Grand Rapids area again we would love for you to stay with us again!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed there this weekend and won't be back. Pluses, we had a 2 room suite with 2 bathrooms. Negatives, the room door wouldn't lock took a few tries of opening and closing, also the locks to get in the key card took quite a few tries. The room phone did not work, but was eventually repaired. Housekeeping never came. The heat did not work right, we had it turned off and every 10 minutes in the middle of the night it would turn on and blow cold air. I am a diamond member and won't stay at this property again. I did mention to the desk clerk that we would not be back and she could have cared less.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Best_Western_23161, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your honest review. I am saddened to hear about your experience at our hotel. We always do the best we can to ensure each guest has a superior stay, and I am sorry that we did not achieve this with your stay. I would like for you to contact me via email at 23161@hotel.bestwestern.com regarding your stay and what exactly happened. We just got new heaters, so I would like to hear which room you stayed in and what was the problem so that this doesn't happen with other guests. If you could please drop me a line at that email, I really would like to solve these problems so that they do not happen again, and I would love for you to give us another chance. You can also call the hotel at 616-949-8400 if you have a chance. Thank you again for your review. I look forward to hearing from you if you have the time.
Warm wishes,