Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$111
$100
BestWestern.com
Comfort Inn Airport(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$90
Econo Lodge & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$70
EconoLodge
$116
Country Inn
$144
Holiday Inn Grand Rapids - Airport(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$125
$105
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 07/27
$204
  • Pool
$125
$106
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
Free cancellation until 07/27
$259
Hotels.com
  • Pool
1,798 results
All reviewsnew towerruth's chrisolder parttower roomwolfgang pucksports barpantlind hotelclassic hotelold sectionwalk in closetvalet parkingview of the riverroom serviceconvention centerwithin walking distancebeautiful roomart prize
Reviewed March 24, 2015

It's been quite a while since my last stay here and it was for a conference for work so this stay was like a brand new experience. Stayed in a beautiful room in the Tower section. The evening and morning views were just fantastic. The Tower club had excellent food and top-notch drinks to go with very friendly staff and a great view of the city. Using the Skywalk can take you to a lot of local attractions without having to brave the weather and is scenic to boot. The only downside I feel that kept me from giving an excellent were room issues. They heat/AC is very loud and you almost have to turn up the TV in order to hear it over the fan noise. The TV was not functioning right because none of the HD channels flickered to the point it was useless to watch. The bathroom was a little small in relationship to the size of the room and when you flush the toilet wow what a noise. The room had dimmers for every light in it, but the bathroom at night when you hit the switch it was BRIGHT! Still the overall experience was very good and the friendly staff made up for a lot of the small issues. Would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: Try and stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
Carrie S, Manager at Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2015

Dear mihiggie60,

Thank you so much for coming back to visit us for a stay during your work conference! I'm glad you enjoyed your beautiful tower room, and all that the Tower Club has to offer. Thank you for your feedback about the room - we will take that into consideration as we work to continually improve and update them. We hope to see you again very soon!

Carrie

Reviewed March 23, 2015

From the time we were checked in to the beautiful room overlooking the river and the city. We were treated like VIP's by the staff in this 5 star anniversary weekend getaway. The property was immaculate and the food in the Tower Club was outstanding. There was never any hesitation regarding any requests we made of staff. There are lots of things to do in or around the hotel proper, be it either business or a family getaway. I would recommend this hotel to any and all who want a luxury experience or just a fun time!

Room Tip: The tower has the best views.
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dave N, Manager at Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2015

Dear Doug G,

I am so happy to hear about what a wonderful weekend you had! Thank you very much for joining us earlier this month and for your kind words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we have the chance to host you again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2015

I had heard wonderful things about this property prior to a two night stay in March for business and a conference. While the property is beautiful and historic, there are a number of issues that keep me from giving a 5-start review. First, there was no hot water the first morning of my stay (and it was 5 degrees outside!). This was fixed by the time I returned in the afternoon, but freezing cold water is not a great way to start the day at 5:45 a.m. The second issue is noise. Hallway noise can be extremely loud, and housekeeping is not shy at all about banging loudly on people's doors early in the morning and shouting "HOUSEKEEPING!!!!!" at the top of their lungs. Last, valet parking was a disgrace. It took 30 minutes to get my car (causing me to nearly miss my flight out -- I literally had to throw my keys to the Hertz guy and sprint to my get, thank goodness for TSA Pre). I was initially told it would take 15 minutes to get my car, and I was lied to by the clerk that someone was out getting it from the garage. Since it was the end of a conference, the valet staff was simply overwhelmed and could not keep up with demand. The clerk in charge was over his head and had no customer service skills whatsoever. Given that the hotel knew it had such a large conference in house, couldn't it have better staffed up to serve demand? After my stay, I received a form from the hotel to rate my stay. After providing all of this same information, I never heard a word back from anyone. The only benefits in my view are the way the property looks, the location, and the Lumber Baron bar. Everything else was underwhelming.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business
Dave N, Manager at Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2015

Dear SFMollyH,

Thank you for staying with us earlier this month! We are very grateful for your business. I am very sorry that your experience with the hotel was not favorable, and I have addressed all three concerns with the appropriate staff to insure they are addressed for future guests. I hope you are enjoying the first week of Spring! We look forward to having you back to Grand Rapids in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2015

I am told that the Amway has two / three wings, each differing from one another. A classic wing, a slightly more modern wing as well as an even more updated wing. I arrived at the Hotel's reception desk while being greeted by a smiling face ready to please. I received my room assignment, which happened to be on the fifth floor. On may way to my room I couldn't help but notice the classic architecture adorned by several large chandeliers in what I later found out was the more classic section of the Hotel. Yes, I was pleased after walking past Starbucks and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse on my way to the room. The room itself was classic and yes, I had to laugh at the star burst mirror, Roman Gladiator Head Shot pictures and light Red bed covers. However, my classic room was well appointed with in-room safe, large closet for storage, flat screen T.V. and water closet that makes you cherish the family jewels...seriously. We enjoyed the "Round Bar", room service and the hidden gem of a bar on the 27th floor which offers a fantastic view of the city. I enjoyed my stay at the Amway and would request the classic room again in the future. I would be remiss if I didn't mention my wake up call, which was a hotel employee knocking at my door. Overall, nicely done.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business
Dave N, Manager at Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2015

Dear Brian P,

You are right about the wings of the hotel - the older side where you stayed was formerly the Pantlind Hotel from 1913 until the 80s. There is also the tower and the exhibitors building, all attached internally.

I am very pleased to hear you had such a wonderful experience. Thank you very much for joining us, we look forward to having you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2015

Best place I have stayed at in Grand Rapids. Huge hotel with great classic decor, excellent facilities inside hotel, excellent service. Location leaves you walking distance from great food, bars, breweries and entertainment. Definitely will return.

Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business

Dear Steve D,

Thank you very much for joining us this month and for taking the time to leave us such a positive review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here. The next time you come in from Brighton we hope to have you back.