1,893 results
All reviews new tower older part ruth's chris wolfgang puck tower room pantlind hotel classic hotel old section sports bar walk in closet valet parking view of the river room service convention center within walking distance art prize restaurants and bars
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at the Amway Grand Plaza last night. I was attending an event at the DeVos Center, and it couldn't have been any easier and hassle free. Just walk through the skywalk into DeVos, and you are there. The hotel is elegant and updated. Unfortunately, for me the very smaller bathrooms in the older hotels are a nuisance. No place to put a curling iron and toiletries. The pillows were a little firm for my taste, and I cannot imagine why the commercial type (loud) flushing toilets were installed when the bathroom is five feet from the bed. However, if I were to attend another DeVos event, I would still choose the Amway Grand

1  Thank Peggy D
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed in the old part of the hotel. Very charming and classic. However, some rooms are very close to rooftop equipment that is distracting. Great staff that was professional yet very friendly. Amenities were very nice and location was convenient.

Room tip: If in old part of hotel get above sixth floor on street.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I loved our stay here! Our only regret is that we didn't stay any longer! We had a corner unit on the 21st floor of the "Tower". The view was spectacular! We could see the river, museums, and gorgeous sunset. The accommodations were luxurious and the staff definitely knew what customer service was about, something lacking at many places these days. There were so many great restaurants within walking distance as well as the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum. We highly recommend the Amway Grand!

Room tip: Corner room in the "Tower" on an upper floor is a great way to visit!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank pauljen09
Carrie S, Manager at Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We are so glad that you got to experience our newly renovated Tower Rooms that we love so much - we appreciate your positive feedback!. I'm glad you enjoyed so much of what our hotel has to offer, including the beautiful views, location, and friendly staff. We hope to get the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

At Your Service,

Carrie

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed here for a conference and I was shocked that we stayed at this hotel as part of the conference. From the moment I walked in, I was looking at every piece of artwork and decor that they had. When I was greeted at the reception desk, the woman who helped me was extremely pleasant. I was slated to switch rooms each night as I booked late and that is all they had for me at the time. She did her magic and I was able to stay in the same room the entire stay. Also, they have a special going that if you opt out of room cleaning during your stay, they give you a voucher for a free Starbucks coffee, which was onsite. Perfect way to help stay green. The room was a little small for my taste but since it was only me and I was only in the room to sleep, I didnt mind. Overall a very nice experience.

1  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I've stayed at the Amway Grand at least a half dozen times, and it is consistently one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Their customer service really sets them apart. Very friendly, professional and welcoming. I prefer the tower side of the hotel, with the more contemporary rooms. They also offer rooms decorated with antiques in the old wing of the hotel. For the high quality of this hotel, the price is very affordable.

2  Thank Emily F
Carrie S, Manager at Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your staying with us and for sharing this experience with prospective and future guests on TripAdvisor! We are flattered by your kind words about our staff. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

At your service,