1,848 results
All reviewsnew towerruth's chrisolder partsports bartower roomclassic hotelpantlind hotelwolfgang puckold sectionwalk in closetvalet parkingroom serviceview of the riverconvention centerwithin walking distancebeautiful roomper day
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I celebrated her birthday with an overnight stay at the Amway Grand, we stayed in a corner room, one of the more recently renovated, the room was great, we could not have been happier with our stay.

Room Tip: Try Cygnus 27, great view, excellent food and service.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed here last weekend for some relaxation. Our room was on the 24th floor on the Tower side. We had a corner room that had great views of both the city and the Grand River. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The room was meticulously clean which was very important to me. The bed was very comfortable. We also had access to the lounge since we were in a concierge level room. This meant both breakfast and cocktail hours were covered daily. This was a very enjoyable bonus to our stay. The food was fantastic. There was a nice selection of drinks available. We were very pleased with our stay, from the accomodations to the staff. We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend and will strongly consider staying again for our next weekend out!

Room Tip: Stay on the Tower side if possible. Also, strongly consider staying in a concierge level room.
2  Thank SKK991
Carrie S, Manager at Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us once again. We appreciate your loyalty! I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the great views our Concierge Level Rooms have to offer, along with cocktail hour and breakfast in our Concierge Lounge. We're glad you had a relaxing weekend, and we hope to see you again on your next weekend staycation! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

At Your Service,

Carrie

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here for the weekend, first-timers, for the boyfriends birthday. The staff are so friendly, all wishing him a happy birthday -very nice! We booked a concierge level room with breakfast and cocktail hour daily. It was worth the extra price! The views are amazing on the 25th floor. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfy. The shower was a bit annoying but then again I'm a little picky. You have to reach in to turn the water on and when you do that you're getting sprayed. The bathroom room was very small too.

The cocktail hour was amazing! The food was delicious, the drinks were flowing :) Make sure you get there early and take advantage of it!

The breakfast was decent, a bit sad they had the same things both Saturday and Sunday mornings but all and all no complaints.

Would definitely recommend this hotel and would be happy to stay here again!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had no idea that such a gem of a hotel was right in my own state. I was lucky enough to stay at the Amway last week and was blown away by how fabulous it was. The hotel is historic and elegant and the staff is superb. I was in the historic section and had a lovely spacious room with a great view. The bed and pillows were heavenly. I ordered room service several times and each time I was impressed with the professionalism of the server. If you are lucky enough to have Chana as the server you will be greeted at your door with a huge smile and impeccable service. The hotel is located in a great area with shopping and dining within walking distance but the hotel has great dining right on site. You won't want to ever leave. I know I didn't!

Room Tip: Stay in the historic section!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Magical430

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for sharing this wonderful review of your experience. We hope that your first stay will not be your last! I'm glad you enjoyed so much of what our hotel has to offer, including the architecture, location and history. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room service experiences. We look forward to having you again, and thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

At your service,

Carrie

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed at the hotel as we were competing in a competition based at the hotel and the adjoined DeVos hall. The hotel is huge and was an excellent base for the weekend.
$8 a day parking in the car park next to the hotel all joined together by indoor sky walks.

There is even a Starbucks in the hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends