Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton
GreenLeadersGold level
Iron River, Michigan
“Perfection”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had no idea that such a gem of a hotel was right in my own state. I was lucky enough to stay at the Amway last week and was blown away by how fabulous it was. The hotel is historic and elegant and the staff is superb. I was in the historic section and had a lovely spacious room with a great view. The bed and pillows were heavenly. I ordered room service several times and each time I was impressed with the professionalism of the server. If you are lucky enough to have Chana as the server you will be greeted at your door with a huge smile and impeccable service. The hotel is located in a great area with shopping and dining within walking distance but the hotel has great dining right on site. You won't want to ever leave. I know I didn't!

Room Tip: Stay in the historic section!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Magical430
Carrie S, Manager at Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for sharing this wonderful review of your experience. We hope that your first stay will not be your last! I'm glad you enjoyed so much of what our hotel has to offer, including the architecture, location and history. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room service experiences. We look forward to having you again, and thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

At your service,

Carrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Stoke on Trent
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel as we were competing in a competition based at the hotel and the adjoined DeVos hall. The hotel is huge and was an excellent base for the weekend.
$8 a day parking in the car park next to the hotel all joined together by indoor sky walks.

There is even a Starbucks in the hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank westburykid
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during the North Americsn Brass Band Association Championships. I was given a room in the newer "tower" side of the hotel which was a handicapped room. There was also some construction/renovation going on in that part of the building, which was interfering with my afternoon nap. I asked to be moved to a different room, so they moved me to a BEAUTIFUL room in the historic side of the hotel and were incredibly nice about it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank stbass
Swartz Creek, Michigan
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Amway. The view from our room was beautiful. The room was clean and beautiful. I loved the large bath sheets and the beds were extremely comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. It is conveniently located, with plenty of things to do nearby. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
Clinton Township
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Visited Grand Rapids for a conference with 3 colleagues... the front desk staff was very accommodating to our request to be given rooms on 1 floor. I did not get a king bed but was given a corner room... I love a lot of windows... Choose the tower side if you prefer a more modern decor. It was a very quiet night... Love coffee so having Starbucks onsite was a plus. Everyone I dealt with from front desk, bellhop, valet staff, to doorman all were so kind and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us while you were visiting Grand Rapids! I am glad that you enjoyed our Starbucks, and the beautiful views from our corner Tower Rooms. Thank you for taking note of our tremendous staff - we are fortunate enough to have such wonderful staff members. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

At your service,

Carrie
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I love this place, came here for a competition from my high school. Wasn't sure what to expect but I looked at photos prior to staying, needless to say it was a truly amazing stay. I had the classic room with one king bed. I came in and it was very clean and the bathroom was newly renovated and lovely accessories (of course shampoo) such as a shower cap and a needle kit. The bed was very comfy. The staff was also very sweet. Stayed the weekend (Fri-Sun) and didn't leave the hotel. Ate at the Cornucopia around 3 times. Had the Pesto Turkey Panini for lunch, as well as the Athens Pizza and Ham & Cheese Omelet croissant sandwich. They were made quickly, very fresh and it was all so delicious. It was also available to-go which was nice. Also, there was a nice Starbucks I went to 3 times. Needless to say very nice staff! The Lobby and chandeliers were just so beautiful, Only thing I can complain about is the wifi was not working well, it was a bit disappointing but I was on the 9th floor and I just had the best time ever!!! Thank You again <3

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Canton, Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I love the Amway Grand! whether it's pure pleasure or business, there's not another hotel like it. The wonderful smiling service, the food, the location in the heart of Grand Rapids...I would rather stay here than anywhere else! Pricey, but worth every penny! Visit during Art Prize for a real treat!

Room Tip: I love the older section's decor.
Green Features: As with many hotels, there are towels and sheets options to reduce stress on the environment.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business